Monday, June 8, 2009

One More Project

It's always great when a plan comes together. By the week before my Stamp Camps, I like to have all my projects already planned so all I need to do is get a final head count to make up the kits. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hoo hee he he he *snort* OMG, who am I kidding. I have been known to plan the last of four projects as late as Saturday night before my Sunday sessions.

Small surprise that I might make The Perfect Project, then find out I do not have enough of the supplies to go around, and there is certainly not enough time to order more and have it get here in time. Oh, bother. But you know what? I do this every freaking month, so I have no idea why I am whining. It's part of me. It's who I am. It keeps things exciting, right down to the last minute! And it gives me blog fodder, so there's that ....

Last night I was deep in my creative avoidance phase, and I pulled out some pieces of Candy Lane DS papers. I have used it for at least one Stamp Camp, so I have bits and pieces of various papers left. And I made this:

This is 2 pieces of the same double-sided paper (I think), cut 3 x 4, so cutting for the kits would be easy-peasy. The strip of coordinating paper is another piece from the same collection. A layer of coordinating card stock, a piece of ribbon, a hoarded and neglected button... Then I pulled out a sentiment from one of the Simply Sent Kits and used (get this) the retiring Key Tag punch (I could not have planned that if I'd tried...). Done!

Off to bed I went, content that I'd find some pack of paper with sufficient quantity on hand for my kits.

Fast-forward 24 hours, and I was desperately flipping though the DS Paper Overflow, in search of enough paper to go around. You see, you can cut 12 3 x 4 pieces from one 12x12 piece of DS paper, but I need 2 pieces per card, so I'd use both sheets to get materials for 12 cards - not enough! I'll have more than 12 people! Aaaack! Then I spied my pack of Flock Together papers, and lo and behold, there were two different pieces of paper that had coordinating (as opposed to contrasting) designs on their flip sides, so A Plan was born. Here are the results of my labors this evening:

On this first one, the layer is Tempting Turquoise and the base is Very Vanilla. Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, and the ink colors are Summer Sun and Tempting Turquoise. Not enough Turquoise buttons to go around? No problem! Mix 'em up, man! So I chose this ... er ... whatever color that is, just to be contrary. No, really, it is to demonstrate that everything does NOT need to match perfectly. I like to be a good example to others.

This is the same card, just with the other paper. Same layer and base and ribbon. I switched the sentiment colors so The Ladies do not have to imagine it themselves. I love to give them choices, though I often hear that they do not like to have to think at my house. Too bad, wrong Demo.

Continuing with my theme of mixing things up, I selected a green button for this one. If The Ladies prefer, they can use turquoise, as I did not use any of them myself.

So there you have it! I have managed to stretch this project into a very lengthy blog post, and that makes me very happy! I am also happy because now that I have the fourth project designed, I can play for the rest of the week! Woo-hoo!

I'm off to play now! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout...might be borrowing that one too :)
    Strangely enough I just posted a card on my blog using Candy Lane paper...I love that paper...*sigh*!
    I'm sure your ladies will love this project and it's great that you have the rest of the week to play...we get to see awesome Leslie creations ♥


I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)