Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some Stash Projects

I've begun another round of Scrap Heap Frenzy, wherein I'll focus on using the s-crap I have accumulated and try to diminish The Heap once again.

First up, I present a mostly-SU card:

This is a River Rock base, a Not Quite Navy layer, and a piece of Porcelain Prints DS Paper. I opted to use a piece of ribbon from the table in The Other Room instead some of my hoarded River Rock ribbon, mostly because it would be one more scrap used and one less to deal with later.

The sentiment is from SU, as is the scallop punch, and the Vanilla circle is cut with one of my Nestabilities.

Next we have more pink. I have had this paper since one of my customers gave it to me during one of my Free For All events. It's a tough piece for me to use!

I cut another 'circle' using my Top Note die out of some A Muse paper to try and cut the pink. (A tutorial will follow, largely because I cannot find the example where I learned about it! (If you know where it is, please tell me so I can give credit where it is due. I DID NOT INVENT THIS!) ETA: I found it! The tutorial on how to do the square and circle is here.

With all that PINK going on, I was in over-load, and I needed to cut it some more, big time! I wandered around the place for a while, pondering my options. I looked at some rub-ons, talked to the cat, talked to my mechanic (more on that in a sec), and ended up using Maddie. She's stamped in the new SU In Color: Bermuda Bay. I outlined her with a .1 Black Multi-liner before I cut her out. Her tail is curly and unattached. Overall, I kinda like how this turned out!

Finally I bring you this birthday card. It started out with just the Green Galore card stock base and the pieces of Basic Grey papers, and then it spiraled out of control.

I'm not sure if I am loving this one or not...the jury is still out. I think I'll set it aside and move on.

Now about that car of mine. My mechanic called, and the worst case has been realized: I need new head gasket(s). One or two - it really does not matter, as they need to pull the engine either way! They replaced the thermostat and determined the radiator was fine. The only other choice now is to pull the engine. But while they are in there, they are going to change the timing belt and for an added bonus, they'll change my oil, too. Ohboy. And when I asked him if I really should not drive my Miata to work tomorrow, he said he'd rather I drove it over to him so he could see if I had any brake fluid left. Well, since he put it that way, alright.

See, I really was not supposed to go to Angela's today.

I am going to do another post a bit later with the tutorial for cutting the square and circle with the Top Note die. Not! Check out that link above for directions. It really is easy!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Loving pink the way I do I just ADORE that pink card! Maddie cat looks awesome on there :) I'm not totally sold on the Green Galore card...sorry...but that one with the Porcelain paper is yummy! I just ordered those papers (who can help themselves when they're on sale???) and that sentiment is one of my favourites :)
    Sorry to hear about your car :( That really sucks big time!!! I hope that it's nothing too disastrous...the last time they pulled the engine from my car I had to get a whole new engine (long time ago now)...very expensive trip to the mechanic!!! Fingers crossed for you that it all goes well xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the SU card!!!! It is simply elegant; that dp is to die for. Wish I'd bought it. "Cause ya know I need paper :)

    And that pink. WOW. That would be super duper difficult for me too. But you paired it with a great dp. And I love your doodled cat. Perfect.

    And I believe you saved the best for last...that BG card is fab, girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)