Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Goody (More Washi, Sorry)

I am behind. When I run behind, the first thing to go is my Google Reader. I haven't been completely ignoring it, but I think the numbers are higher than they should be for the level of neglect I've shown. So I was trying to figure out why my Google Reader was suddenly so high, and as I scrolled down I noticed I had 11 unread posts on my own blog*. Hmph, well, I have been a busy bee this weekend.

I kept scrolling down and ... WHOA, Nellie! My bloggy pal and one of the Head Jingle Belles - Stef - had 45 unread posts in hers. That woman is a card-making, challenge-following machine, she is! She is also crazy talented, and may be personally responsible for the growing list of challenges I don't do each week. *Hi, Stef!*

So I decided to see what she's been up to, and noted that she has followed even more challenges I don't need to know about. But then I stopped, because I saw another one that screamed washi tape! Who cares that it's 3 weeks old? Pffth. So I dove in.

Here's the old challenge over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday:

See? W A S H I.

I stepped back into The Captain's Quarters, pulled out a bunch of 1/2 sheets of Kraft and Confetti Tan card stock for bases, and selected three tapes. I chose poorly, because this is what I made:

Notice how bright the colors are in the sketch image and how utterly booooring mine are? Yawn. So I went back in, selected a brighter tape, and replaced the grey (gray) piece, giving me this:

A little better, so I decided to call it good, and made a few more with different sentiments. On this next one I put the tape in the other direction (never let it be said I don't live on the edge, here):

I think I like it better going to the right. Stamping is full of difficult decisions like these. *wipes brow*.

Here's another one:

And for this next one, I went totally crazy and used two separate words and put them together on the block to form ... a phrase:


Then, because I could, I made a white one with completely different tapes:

I see that I need to work on using brighter colors when I use Kraft bases. Perhaps next time I'll use paper instead of washi tape. Anyway, that's 7 more cards for OWH, so it's all good. :)

I promise to put away the washi tape now. Really. I'll also try to do a better job reading my pals' blogs within 2 weeks, although it usually results in a wash (heh heh, thought I was going to say something else, huh?) on the numbers: read 3 posts, add 3 challenges, repeat. It's a vicious** cycle.

Thanks for stopping by!

*Why yes, I do have my own blog in my Reader. It was one of the lessons we learned in a "WTH is Google Reader and how can I control it to keep from going stark-raving mad?" webinar. You should follow your own blog so you know what other people see when they read your blog in Reader.

** Yes, I looked it up in the following spellings:
viscious: (not a word)
viscous: of a glutinous nature or consistency; sticky; thick; adhesive.
vicious:  unpleasantly severe. A vicious headache.

Products used but not linked below: Misc Kraft, Confetti Tan and white card stock. Mostly mystery (unlabelled) washi tapes.





8 comments:

  1. Do we need to stage a Washi intervention? Or maybe a Blogs to read intervention?

    I ♥ the white card. I love how the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that certainly is an easy technique for creating cards! I like 'em all, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your rockin' that sketch ... over and over and over again ... each one it's own awesome design ... sometimes I back my washi tape on strips of white paper before attaching to get a bit more contrast on a krafty background ... very fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, a vicious cycle DEFINITELY sounds better than being caught in a viscous cycle. That is probably what happens in my washing machine. I have boys. That's all you need to know about their laundry...shudder...
    I love all of these! Even your unloved grey one. A good design is a good design, darnit. I may or may not have a soft spot for the pink & aqua :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to make me jump on the washi tape bandwagon yet. Lucky for me no one sells it locally and I refuse to pay $6 to ship some tape. I have some faux washi from Target that I may use someday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i, too, have trouble with vicious and viscous and yeah i often want to do VISCIOUS for both of them, by which i mean i have a headache that is both unpleasantly severe AND of a glutinous nature. :) :) :)

    but i digress... or rather, i would be digressing if i had started with something appropriate like, "OH WOW I LOVE ALL OF THESE" or "HOLY MOLY YOU GET SO MUCH DONE & IT'S ALL SO FAB" or something similarly true and interesting; as it is, i LED with the vicious viscosity in a way that is not so much a digression but just kinda NUTS. ah well. maybe my next comment will make sense. we can *HOPE* right?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps: i HATE that washi tapes don't have the co's name printed inside the reel! what is WRONG with these ppl??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)