Friday, November 6, 2009

Snow Globe Card, Attempt #1.5

You may have noticed I have been centering the photos in my posts lately. This is because of the skewing I was seeing in FireFox when I used IE to post. Being "in the biz", I am painfully aware that different browsers render HTML differently, so I took that bull by the horns, started using FireFox as my go-to browser, and am centering everything to prevent skewing. This is contrary to my motto of "only ever change one thing at a time" - you know: a controlled test, but I was impatient and wanted it to WORK! So if you see any wonkiness in my posts, please let me know. I do want to make it a better experience for the three (maybe four) of you who actually stop by now and then.

Okay - today. Ugh. I went to bed early last night with a shot of NyQuil-equivalent in my tummy. I woke up and felt no better, so I called in sick and rolled over. I slept for 1-hour spurts until I forced myself out of bed around 11:00 am, and proceeded to sit on the couch. Hey, at least I was vertical! Mostly. The cat actually left her perch to comfort me. This is her day-time perch (but only on sunny days):


She actually came over and curled up in my lap. So sweet. I have been mostly a lazy bum all day, not overdoing anything. I did, however, take a few breaks from slovenliness to (1) shower, (2) do a load of wash, (3) eat lunch, and (4) finish the Snow Globe card to see if it would make the cut for the weekend. Not a bad day, but it is only 8 pm as I type this, and I could go to bed right now. This is not good.

Here is the Snow Globe after application of glitter and some ribbon:


Not great, but passable. I think it does a great job of showing them the idea of the globe. They can take the instructions (which I need to print off before Sunday) and make another one themselves at home, having played with it here. I sure hope there is not a revolt or anything.

The thing with the snow on the globe is (Libby reminded me today) you need to cut the inside piece of 'snow' a little smaller than the outside piece so it does not show. Well, this assumes I have them cut the same shape, now, doesn't it! HA! Oh, sorry, but I did try.

Moving on, here is another card I finished to showcase some more of SU's Autumn Meadows DSP:


This card was based on one done by Mary Fish, who does amazing stuff. I liked her interpretation of the Mojo Monday 105 sketch, and I especially liked it because I have the stamps she used, so I could CASE it. But, as usual, I had to be different, and it ended up just being an inspiration and not a complete CASE.

I did not use a sentiment, because I am still not so sure this card is right, but it will have to do. I overlapped the circles on the top row because I was stoopid and ran a line of adhesive along the base card stock and stuck the circled down to it instead of taping the individual circles to the card. I always warn my customers to tape the smaller piece you are sticking so you do not have adhesive sticking out, but did I listen to my own advice? Nooooooo, I did not. So this will be a perfect example of how NOT to do this step. I love showing them how much I mess up so they don't make the same mistakes. I made another partial card front with it done correctly, for demonstration purposes.

Now that I look at this card from across the room, I think I want to add a row of Choc Chip circles along the bottom, or at least make that piece of Choc Chip extend a little further down the card front. Yep, that's what I'll do!

Tomorrow. I'll do that tomorrow. Tonight I am too tired.

I have not yet decided if I'll do tomorrow's market or not. It would be my last one for the year, and I'd hate to miss it, but if I feel puny, I'll stay home. Not worth getting sicker since I have my Stamp Camps on Sunday and craft shows each of the next two weekends. My Stamp Camp customers do not usually care if I sit on the couch while they play, but I must be strong and healthy to endure the rush of holiday shoppers at my craft shows. I can only hope.

Enough with the whining for this evening. I hope to be way more chipper on the morrow. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. get some rest and feel better <3

    and i agree about the choc chip along the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you are sick and probably going to miss your last market of the year. :(
    Loving your pussy cat on the perch, I have one of those ~~ perch, got 3 cats,~~ but only the den is used further down, they don't perch at all. Too old I daresay.
    Loving your cards lately and you do enthuse me to get out of my comfort zone. Gonna give the globe a whirl....ha!!ha!!!
    Get well soon.
    Maybe 4 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Did you hear about the Montgomery Village traffic mess?

    I think your snowglobe far exceeds "passable". I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the snowglobe idea...i love the first snowglobe...and the SECOND snowglobe TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!!! if i showed up at a stampcamp and someone just gave me the IDEA for this...much less the recipe and written instructions...i'd be a very happy stampy camper, that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)