Although, she made it look so much easier. Yesterday was fun - using the bigger pieces gave me a ton of options. Today, however, working on the scraps? I think it was just as much work to make today's 13 cards as yesterday's 46! But I digress.
Grab a cuppa your favorite beverage and sit a spell. This is another long one.
Here's my first card today:
this OWH post.
But since I chose not to layer, I ran into trouble with the center embellishment. So I had a hair-brained idea to make my own colored Glossy Accents, which I did with some Really Rust reinker. I made four of these cards, and I applied the goop before I did the sentiments, and they took over my desk while drying. I was doomed.
I eventually made the sentiment strips in spite of the cramped conditions, then moved the cards to another area so my whole day wasn't lost. What was I thinking?!
Next, I futzed with papers and made two of these:
I am, however, quite pleased that I thought to add the brads before I stuck the piece down to the card base. Actually, thinking back now, the brads were Plan B. You see, I tried to attach a jumbo eyelet, but the Crop-O-Dile didn't reach far enough, and I was NOT going to get out my hammer, so brads it was. I like them!
Next up, I tackled the pile of 1/2" strips of paper. They didn't go well together side-by-side on a card front, so I took the difficult path and chose to make a Bargello pattern with them. Wait, is Bargello a pattern or a technique? Whatever, if you don't know what Bargello is, watch this.
Here's mine ... first I stuck all of those strips to a piece of printer paper:
I was left with a few strips and I must confess, I saved them:
I did. And just now I figured out how to use them, so there will be one more card. :)
I took the finished grid and cut a Top Note die out of it, then cut that in half, and made these:
Next up, I made this:
Here's one I made by accident. Yep.I was going to punch more squares out of this paper and make the rounded corner thingies like on my first card today, but then I realized it would be less work to just use the whole piece and be done with it. Lookie:
Then I realized I still had some solid papers left over, and also two angled pieces, so I called the angled pieces a "hill" and made these:
And in the end, this is what I have left of a 36-piece 6x6 paper pack:
It still looks like a lot, doesn't it. Well, after I make the card with the Bargello remnants, I'll see what I can squeeze out of this stuff, but I say I'm pretty much done.
So let's see, yesterday I made 30 + 16 = 46. Today I made 13. That's 59 cards for OWH! Whoot! Not a bad way to spend two days.
In other news, I now know why I gave up mass-production, and why my massage therapist is glad I did. Owmyback! I shall be taking a hot soaking bath tonight before bed. But I am so happy I got all these done! I'll ship them out next week with my holiday cards.
Tomorrow is a holiday here, and I plan to tackle a few challenges I've been collecting on my stamping breaks. Stay tuned! I'll be back!
Thanks for stopping by!