Saturday, June 29, 2013

You're Awesome

I've been playing. I love it when you see one thing, then you see another, then an idea forms.  It all started when I watched this video by Jennifer McGuire. She used Ferro with a stencil to create a raised pattern. I was instantly smitten.

Then I saw the new MFT Stone Wall stencil and my idea started to form.  This is what came out:


Isn't that cool?! It's not only raised and texture-y, but it's not stiff and brittle; I can bend the card stock and the stuff bends with me. This is very difficult to mess up.

About that dinosaur: I finally broke out my Paper Smooches Dino dies to make my life easier, though I did fussy-cut all those leaves. The dino has spots because my coloring came out streaky and I needed to camouflage it, so he now sports spots.

Now I need more colors of Ferro. I shake my fist (lovingly) at Jennifer for introducing me to yet another product I need. :) I'm going to try a few more colors with other stencils to see what happens.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: Paper Smooches Wise Dies Dinos 1.



2 comments:

  1. YOU are awesome - this is adorable! I have never heard of Ferro but I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to think your dinosaur looks very cute with all those spots. I do not need Ferro, I do not need Ferro, I do not need Ferro... Let's see how long I stick to my convictions!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)