This card ... I totally backed into it. For inspiration, I pulled out my not-yet-used Essentials by Ellen Bold Blossoms dies, then went to the pile of cut paper next to my paper trimmer and retrieved a piece of textured SU Rich Razzleberry and a small piece of mystery green.
Here's the resulting card, then I'll explain:
So I had the die-cut flowers and leaves, but then what? I actually tried to make Gelli plate prints in the right colors, but an hour later, I had lots of panels, but nothing that worked.
Plan B: try Distress Inks. I'd decided to follow the current Sweet Sunday sketch:
so I cut a rectangle and colored it with Peeled Paint and Seedless Preserves. I think I just need to stick with Distress inks. Much easier, more compact (with tins of the minis), and way less messy.
I layered two flower dies, stuck the leaves under it, then trimmed the part of the leaves that were under the flower. They're only stuck at the very edges of the die-cut flower.
I had a few problems with the sentiment, and I eventually trimmed it back and put a black enamel dot in the flower's center.
Maybe not my best work, but I like how it turned out, and I've used two remnants of paper from my trims pile. Whoot.
Thanks for stopping by!
Some of the stuff I used: SU Rich Razzleberry (I think) card stock, mystery green card stock, SU 2-way glue pen, and the following: