Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08

I love that today is 08-08-08. I was thinking about 07-07-07, then thinking ahead to 09-09-09. Are you aware that after we hit 12-12-12, this will not happen again for another hundred years? Scary, non?

So tonight I needed to stop at Mike's on the way home. No really, I needed to! You see, I was playing with the Scratch-N-Sniff technique this week, and used up almost all of my clear embossing powder in my attempt; then I realized I need clear EP for one of my projects this weekend. OF COURSE I do. Sheesh. So off I went to get some EP at Mike's. Naturally, I strayed. My first 'just look' episode was totally caused by the card posted in this post on Julie Ebersole's blog. She is so enabling, I tend to stay away, but I had a free moment, and ... there it was. Suddenly I needed to find those K&Co. thingies. And I did. And I bought them, and here they are on my table, in poor lighting:

Go ahead - click on the photo to see them larger - I dare you! Then I dare you to not start clipping coupons and stalking Mike's yourself!

Whenever I buy anything like this, I do the math. If I have a package of brads in my hand and they are 12 for $4, that's 33 cents each, which is a lot to add the the cost of a card. And no, I still have not implemented my 5-year-old plan of tiered pricing, so I just do not buy expensive embellishments. Hmmm .. this could explain The Stash ...lots and lots of cheap inexpensive embellishments that I could justify buying because they were not a lot of money, so I feel better about never using them...

So ANYway, those packs of 40 labels were $2.99 each, which makes them ... divide by ... carry the 1 .... 7 1/2 cents each. I CAN DO THIS!!! So I did, in spades, by getting all three packs they had.

Next I wandered and found these little lovelies:


They are wooden letters, and small enough to fit on an A2 card front without clogging the whole thing. I thought they would be fun to paint or cover with patterned paper and use, say, one wooden letter at a time; not necessarily a whole word. And these were ...6 cents each. Sold!










[This space intentionally left blank.]




And THEN, I wandered over to the 10/$10 Spot and found these:

Packs of 10 note cards for a buck. I thought they'd make really cool layers on black or white or red card stock. With coordinating embellishemnts from The Stash, of course!

Okay, after reading back over this post, I now see clearly how The Stash was formed and is continually fed. Wanna take any bets on if I ever actually USE any of this stuff? Oh, was that a challenge?!?! Yeah, we'll see.

One final note: My total damage for 'must haves' from the new SU catalog? At first I thought I was going to be sunk. Then I went over it again and again and again, and tonight I whittled down the list and I thought I was okay, but the total is still a very large number. Will I get it all with my first order? I'll let you know next week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Those b&w cards (well the ones in the bottom left hand corner of your pic) are the ones I used for these cards:
    http://simplyelegantpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2008/07/using-up-new-and-old-stash.html

    They are selling fast! Go make some! Your customers will snatch them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTH? I didn't see anything like this at Michael's today to use with my coupon! Guh. I ended up buying a gazillion packages of Prima flowers. hehe

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)