Saturday, August 23, 2008

Market Update

Today was a record day for me! 'Record' in that for the first time in 5 years I sold zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Bupkes. Double zeros. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! But I did spend some money buying breakfast from the Bread People...almond croissant, cheese roll, cookies - you know: breakfast. So technically, I spent more than I took in, which makes me a L-O-S-E-R, so I made this when I got home:

Hey, if I didn't make fun of it, I'd be depressed, so I opted to have some fun. We decided the market over-all was slow since this is the last weekend before school starts, so everyone is either at the beach or buying school supplies. At least that's what we decided to believe.

Another thing about our market: it is truly International. We took some time last week to examine the participants as far as background, etc., and we have the following countries represented: China (2), Jordan, Thailand, Palestine and Mexico. And a new vendor that started this week is Greek. The rest of us are Mutts. Now, if WE can all get along, what's wrong with the rest of the world, hmmm? Think about it!

The Dahlia Guy is taking some time off to do some shows, so these are the last flowers we'll see until October. Please click on the photos for a more impressive version ... I shrink these guys so they upload in my lifetime, and something gets lost when they are scaled down:




That's all for today. I am playing with my PTI Guide Lines set to see what I can get it to do for me. And I may have to take a nap to rest up for the Olympics, which are on way past my bed time. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Well you are no loser! But I like the colors on that card. I got my envelope yesterday. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled on your site from Pioneer Woman . . .I love the pictures of the Dahlias! Hang in there on the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cards are wonderful!
    I'm sorry about the bad day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CUH-RACK me up! You're not a loser! Sheesh.

    Beautiful flowers as always! Sort of jealous...though we have pretty flowers all year here...I really want those. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the slow sales day. Those are always a bummer. Your average for the month has been good though, right? And think of all the smiles your cards have brought to their recipients :)

    I love those dahlias! One day I may have to come up there and see you. It's probably a good hour from the 'burg, dontcha think?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)