Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Using Scraps, and Some Confessing...

First, some confessing. Remember way back when, when I attempted to curb my ribbon weakness by joining a ribbon club? My reasoning was the monthly delivered-to-my-door package would satisfy my itch, and I'd stop buying elsewhere. It worked for a few months, but then I strayed, so I cancelled the club thing.

Over the past few months I have actually been quite good in the ribbon department, and have even dipped into the stash a few times. So why am I re-hashing this all again now? Because I strayed BIG time today. Oh, boy! Ribbons and Bows Oh My sent me an email that their velvet ribbons were on sale. VELVET! Oh, my. I went there, just to look, and I was sunk. Then I just checked out the satins. Sigh ... I think I spent ... well, let's not talk about that, k?

Then I finished my email discussion about selected Copics, narrowed it down to only nine (9) markers plus the colorless blender so I can, you know, blend. I ordered them online and hit Submit, and the buggers shipped almost instantly. So they should be here any day now.

I arrived home this evening, guilt-ridden, and needing to either work on my City Cards or start cleaning up in here, so I opted to clean by using some scraps to make a card or two. It sounded like way more fun than plain old cleaning up.

Here is the side of my working space:

There's lots of parts-is-parts in that pile that held much promise, and here's what I ended up with for my first effort:

All the squares were cut using the Nestabilities, and the top two layers were also embossed, so they have raised edges. The flowers are rub-ons from my still-huge collection of SU rub-ons from SAB. The white and green squares were already done and just lying there, so all I needed to do this evening was cut the blue squares to layer with them. And everything else was scraps, too, including the rub-on sentiment from a partially-used sheet, and it covers a smudge from who-knows-what, to boot. Overall, I am pretty happy with it, even if the greens don't match perfectly. And if I'd been thinking clearly, I may have done a better job lining up the strip of squares. Oh, well.

Okay, I am off to use a few more scraps, then do some coloring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is a beautiful card! I love when a beauty like that pops out from "cleaning up". VERY NICE. That card will sell lickety-split for sure. I love love love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)