Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flowers and Stampin'

Saturday's weather was blessed and glorious, so our little market was hoppin'! I had one of my best sales days, ever, too. And I left with several 'could you makes' to fit in this week. A super day all around!

And the dahlia's were in full bloom! Check out a few of the ones I grabbed this week:





That last one is my personal favorite. In fact, when I returned my vase from last week I spotted this one and asked him to hold it for me. I went back later and filled in the rest. You may have to click on the photo to get the full effect of all those fluffy petals! Actually, clicking on the photos will give you a better feel for the true size of each of these lovelies. The purple-tipped globe is about 5" across, and that last fluffy one is over 6" across in real life. These are not your average Dahlia's! I just love them! (Can you tell?)

When I got home from the market, I cut all the card stock (some of it the right size, even) and made up the card kits for my workshops, and then started in on the Clean Sweep. I had hoped to get some stampin' time in before bed-time, but it was not to be. However, one thing I do for my customers is make them birthday cards. I have a perpetual calendar and I ask them to add their names if they'd like a card. One of my customers is the daughter of another customer, and I communicate just with the Mom. So Mom let it slip that today was her daughter's b'day, so I really wanted to make her a card. Since I was putting away the Bella Rose DS paper, I took a piece of it and poof - this came out:



Recipe (all supplies by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Wow Flowers; Paper - Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DS paper; Ink - Kiwi Kiss; Other - Light Pink (ret) grosgrain ribbon.

I know she likes pink, and I noticed that with this piece of DS paper, though Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red are the prominent colors, it also has small pink circles in the background, so I felt comfortable adding the pink ribbon. And for her, I went to the added effort of tying a bow instead of just a knot. And she loved it! (I do, too!) Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best!

So today, as my customers perused the new SU catalog and commented on the new items there-in, I found a few more things I needed, so I will slightly modify my Must Have list - removing one stamp set and adding a few Accessories.

The rest of today will be spent in domestic duties, including more laundry, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning produce from my CSA, and going to bed on time. Tomorrow I get to go to The Day Job, then come home for my Monday evening Workshop session. I'll probably come up for air again on Tuesday - a day off! Yay! I hope to get some major stampin' in then!

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. i really like the bella rose DP, it's old fashioned and just lovely... and the dahlias! i totally have dahlia envy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous flower shots!

    arlene,
    Poulsbo florist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dahlias! Gorgeous card! I really, really, really hope my SU lady calls me back so I can place an order. I'm gonna be salivating and envious until I get the new stuffffff. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing that Bella Rose dp...I think I'm gonna have to buy it this Wednesday at Sue's open house...

    I thought about you all weekend b/c of the unusually perfectly cool weather we are enjoying...in AUGUST! I was hoping you were doing your market thing because I knew it would be a great day for people to be out.

    Thank you for sharing those gorgeous dahlias. I can only imagine how pretty they must be IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how many colors, sizes and varieties that the Dahlia's come in ?!

    They are gorgeous! Lucky you...they should inspire you to do ..something... ! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)