Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Know It's Time To Stop When ...

...your water-coloring hand cramps up. Yep...totally. I got home from my massaaaaage this evening and, against my better judgment, I sat down to finish this stack of cards. Last night, I went to bed at this point in the project:

Tonight the first thing I did was finish the burgundy buildings. The stack on the right (below) is not burgundy, but it is the new SU Riding Hood Red.

I was hoping it would have come out a little darker, but alas, it was not to be. So I made 5 of them and there will be one pack this color. See? I can try new things! ;-) At this point in the process, all the burgundy is done. Next up was the laying-on of the gray:

I have used other colors for the roof-tops in the past, but tonight they are gray. Sixty cards. Five buildings per card. You do the math ... that's alota gray.

Here we are - all done! At the last minute I decided to add birds.

The first time I thought to add the birds it was because of an ink schmear. Remember: there are no mistakes in stamping...only opportunities for embellishment. Tonight these guys got birds because I like them!

All done!!!! Twelve packs of five cards.


Um, and you can see what a STINKING MESS my table is. Yeah, I could have cropped this photo to hide that elephant in the room, but like PW says, I like to keep things real. Here is a more presentable shot of the same finished product:

Put an apple in my mouth - I am done!!!! With this batch, anyway.

On a final note, MY NEW SU CATALOGS ARRIVED TODAY! Well, one box of the four I ordered arrived. Hopefully the rest of them will get here this week (that would be tomorrow - Friday), as my workshops are this weekend and it would be nice to have them on hand.

Oh, and what do I think of the new catalog? I am in sooooo much trouble...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for finishing! I like your birds too. I am feeling your sense of accomplishmnent 'cos I just finished my 16 St. Pat's cards. Tired of looking at them, but glad they are done and my workspace is a little neater...just like yours :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)