Saturday, August 2, 2008

Technology Headache (and a Plea for Help!)

Well, I've decided to try adding a Subscribe link to my blog. I spent some time over at Feedblitz, registering and configuring until I got the HTML code to include, then when I came to Blogger to add it to my page, I saw a one-click "add a subscribe button" option. Who knew?!?!?! But having gone to the trouble with Feedblitz, I made an executive decision to add both! Why not!? What better way to see how they work than to try them both? :-)

So you are not seeing double - this is a test. I think the default feed time with Feedblitz is in the wee hours of the morning, and I have no idea how the Blogger one works. So I'll spend a few days trying out the two options and eventually decide on one of them. Now, I know a few of you are probably chomping at the bit to subscribe (yeah, right ...), but please hold off for a few days until I get the hang of this thing!

ETA: Ooooooh, OOOOOOOHHH, I just had a wild idea!!! Since I do not have Google Reader or anything remotely similar, how in the heck do I subscribe to this thing?! So, anyone who wants to help me test this out, DO NOT WAIT - SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! To win something from my stash, just report back on how the two subscription thingies worked for you (or not), or if you have a preference, or if they both work the same, or whatever! The opportunity for free stuff will be open until I figure this out. :-) Play on!!!! {end ETA}

Oh, and if any of you more-experienced bloggers would like to send some wisdom or opinions my way, PLEASE DO! I need all the help I can get!

Thanks!

PS: A real post will follow shortly....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, I've been subscribing to your blog via Google reader for ages...I just pasted in your blog address to the add new subscription bit in reader and I get your blog up very shortly after you've posted! Sorry not to be of more help re the subscription buttons, but I did want you to know that you do have at least one subscriber :) Oh, and I'm from Australia, found your blog from a comment you left on June's blog and think you are very, very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you asking? Email me. I have an easy button for subscribing to Bloglines or Google Reader on my web browser so I don't usually click the buttons to subscribe.

    I'll try to figure out what you need...later...I'm off to work now. But seriously, email me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lost me at subscriber. I am technologically challenged. I feel super smart to be able to blog and upload my pics all by myself. I only have to ask dh for help occasionally now :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)