Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Question Du Jour

No stampin' to post tonight, but I do have a burning question that I hope at least one of you can answer for me...

Do they still make the multi-colored Rice Krispies cereal? You know, the box with pink and blue and red and green puffed rice mixed in with the regular stuff. I used to make Rice Krispie Treats using them, and they were AWESOME looking! All I can find now are either the regular or cocoa varieties, so the best I can come up with will be "black & white" treats, no color. What a bummer.

I found a reference online to Berry Krispies, but nothing about the colored ones. I would not mind the berry ones, but I have not seen them in my travels.

ETA: I found this http://www.dltk-kids.com/recipes/ricekrispie.html, but it's not what I was looking for. Still hunting ...

Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

PS: Why in the heck am I making these, you ask? The photographer at my markets is always munching on a commercially-made Rice Krispies treat. Yuk! So I told him I'd make him some real ones. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Do you mean these?

    http://www.ricekrispies.com/Cupboard_cereal_detail.aspx?pid=5274

    you might have to cut and paste. I do not know how to post a link here.

    #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. well maybe I should read your whole post before I answer the question. sorry.........

    #2

    ReplyDelete

  3. LOL! Been there, saw that, not it. Thanks for trying, #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen the colored Rice Krispies. Sorry! And the commercially-made Rice Krispie treats...YUK!!! You are right; home-made is by far the best.

    It's not multi-colored, but I add food coloring after the butter & marshmallows are melted, but right before adding in the cereal. I do red food coloring for Valentine's Day, green for St. Patrick's Day, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pebbles? Is that what you are talking about? I think those may be the ones that are multi-colored.

    (and yes, they are still in the stores)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And...that would be the Fruity Pebbles, not the Cocoa ones :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)