Friday, August 29, 2008

The CASE of a CASE of a CASE

Or I could call this post "One Good Turn Deserves Another". For any reader who may not know what CASE means, it is an acronym for "Copy And Share Everything", or in some situations "Copy And Steal Everything". When you really, really, really like a card you see, you can use it for inspiration, or copy it exactly. I prefer to not copy copy a card, cuz where's the fun in that!? So in my case (har, har, no pun intended there) , I stole the idea and the technique and the design, but I used a different paper, layered it differently, and used a different stamp. So technically it is inspired, not CASEd, but I guess that depends on who you ask.

I saw this post on June's blog a while ago, and I have always wanted to CASE it and make it my own. I showed it to one of my customers last night, and she LOVED it and pleaded with me to make it one of the projects for September, especially since we all need to blow the dust off our crimpers. Begging and pleading generally work for me, and I am also one short week away from having to have all my workshop projects planned, so here's what I just threw together:

Recipe (All products from Stampin' Up!):Stamps - Think Happy Thoughts; Paper - Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Bella Rose DS paper; Ink - Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red; Other - brads, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Lg Oval punch, Round Tab punch, Dimensionals, Crimper.

Isn't it Fabboo? Is that a word? This card was soooo easy and quick. Naturally, since I did not have to think it up! Just make sure to put your piece of folded-in-half oval punched card stock into your crimper on an angle, like the bottom one I did. The top one is a good example of what not to do. I could say I did that on purpose, and take credit for staging a How Not To Be Like Me segment, but alas, I did not see that it was crimped poorly until after the screw-up. Okay, it is not a screw-up, but I do think the more angled leaf looks better.

Moving on before I dig that hole any deeper, in case you were wondering how those Rice Krispie Treats turned out, here they are:

The recipe calls for 6 Cups of cereal, and since the Fruity Pebbles were really fruity, I used 4 Cups of Rice Krispies to 2 Cups of the Fruity Pebbles for color. And also, as it turned out, for flavor. They are really fruity, so I am glad I mixed them up with the plain ones.

I have both my Saturday and Sunday markets again this weekend. I need to be at the Saturday market very early, though...there is an annual 5K race in the neighborhood, and they close the streets for it, which means we need to either set up before 7:30 or after 9:30, and we cannot park on the main street, either. I usually opt for early arrival, so I think I'll bring a good book.

After the Saturday market I plan to head down to VA to Angela's Happy Stamper to pick up (ie: buy) the goods she has been saving behind the counter for me. I have some (of all things) more baby stamps, some of the new Basic Grey 6x6 paper packs, a Copic marker, and some cutting blades and mats for my Carl cutter. And I am sure I will stumble upon a few things I did not know I needed. It always happens. Hopefully I will have the energy to play with my new stuff and show it off a little bit tomorrow. Ta!

1 comment:

  1. Now it is my turn to thank you for the plug! Thank you :)

    I love those new SU! dps. Your card is great! I'm sure it will be a hit with your gals. I'm trying not to buy more dp at all, unless I use it immediately (like my recent October Afternoon dps from Angela's. Speaking of A, I am sorry I can't meet you today! Hopefully on the 10th; I'll have to see if dh can get home to watch the girls for me.

    You used Fruity Pebbles! How clever of you! I didn't even think about those. They were one of my favorites as a kid. Now my doctor has me gluten free for six months. I do well in spurts, then I have to get a brownie fix or something, which does leave me cranky and gives me a stomach ache now that I am not used to eating so much yummy gluten. My fave Homer Simpson quote, "How come all the delicious food has to taste so good?"

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)