Sunday, April 12, 2009

Netflix Made Me Do It

In a rare moment last night, I thought I'd sit still and watch a movie. I have three movies left in my Netflix queue, and I am getting serious warnings from them about adding at least six more, or else. Or else WHAT, I have no idea. I was not aware it was illegal to not watch movies.

So yesterday, disc 1 of 3 arrived from the series The Aristocrats. I opened the envelope and ... out fell the disc ... in two parts. Now most DVDs are in single pieces, at least if you want to play them, so my evening plans were now in a shambles. Thwarted!

Just look at this! Sigh ...












We all know I do not sit still very well, so I was forced to stamp something. :-) I took the opportunity to do something completely different, and I grabbed a new onesie punch I got a while ago. It turned out to be much smaller than I thought it would be (I really need to do a better job reading those measurements), so I had to thinkthinkthink like Winnie The Pooh and figure out a way to make it work. Blah, blah, blah, and I made this baby card:

All scraps, thankyouverymuch! The pinkish polka dot piece is a strip from The Heap, and it was tough to match! It is pink, but it has enough orange in it that it goes with none of the SU pinks. I ended up using Groovy Guava with a layer of white to help it blend. The sentiment is from the retired Riveting hostess set, and I used my SAMJ to get that circle to line up. I was just going to pop the 1/2" circle cut-out of the safety pin on a dimensional, but I opted to add the Build-A-Brad for a little more oomph. And I tied a bow instead of just a knot. FYI: I can only tie a bow if I turn the card upside down. Otherwise it comes out ... upside down. Apparently a lot of people have this problem, which is why most of my cards have knots instead of bows so The Ladies don't riot or something.

So what does a nice Jewish girl do on Easter Sunday? She stamps! And cleans the bathroom, and empties the dishwasher, and folds the laundry ... you know, Sunday stuff. My life just screams excitement, huh? Yeah, I can tell you are all jealous. :-)

Well, I'd best get moving. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You speak a different language here. I'm clueless in the stamping department.

    But I do love me some Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is adorable! That punch is tiny...but it looks super cute all lined up like that :)
    I did just want to point out the the onsie second from the left is a tiny bit crooked....rroflmbo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% Scrappy card...I LOVE it! It is totally adorable and well coordinated. The onesies across the bottom are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)