Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I Did When I Should Have Been Cleaning

I love Spring. Isn't this pretty?!

These flower boxes were outside Angela's when I arrived this morning. Sigh .. I had to take a moment to admire their beauty, then I got over it and ran in to SHOP! And it was really, really good. I got some great stuff, which alas I cannot use until next week, because I am supposed to be cleaning right now for tomorrow's stamp camps. Hmph. I shall reveal my new goodies as I fondle them and maybe even use them.

But, as I cleaned and cut up and bagged the kits, I hovered over my stamping spot and made two more cards out of the Basic Grey scraps. Warning: Avert your eyes! Avert your eyes! There's more non-standard crooked fare ahead! Okay, you can look. :-)

This one evolved as I kept stacking up pieces until I made myself stop. All the scraps are from the Basic Grey 6x6 Blush collection. The largest heart was punched with my new SU Heart punch, and the smaller two were cut with my new Nesties. I added the SU Jumbo brads, well, because I wanted to, I guess. And that ribbon? Ah, I got it on a whim when I was busy justifying some online shipping a while back, and it has never been cut into until now. It is twill and it is yummy. No sentiment ... nowhere to put it.

And this one resulted from me playing with even more scraps, and I lined up all those skinny ones to make a panel. Then what to do, what to do ... I grabbed a left-over scrap pre-cut red oval and cut a smaller one out of a Vanilla scrap. The sentiment and flutterby rub-ons were left over from my Basic Grey card kit.

That's all the cards I could eke out and still get ready for my stamp camps.

Oh, before I go, I wanted you to see The Heap. It is in boxes and stored in the back seat of my car (no where else to put it). I told you this place was tiny...

Gotta go push around the vacuum and set up the stations and fold some laundry, especially the cat's nest sheets and towels on the Living Room chair.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE cards! I can't wait to see your goodies from Angela's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute cards...love 'em ♥
    I, too, cannot wait to see what goodies you bought at Angela's...between you and June I am rather keen on checking out this shop myself. Unfortunately the prohibitive cost of airfares makes that rather unlikely :) I will just have to comfort myself with some on-line shopping...I have been very retail deprived lately :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)