Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saturday's Creations

Not only was this weekend's Field Trip cancelled, I lost my mojo and got sick. Being sick sucks. I thought it started with some Faux Fried Rice I made last night. I felt ucky all night, and this morning I had zero energy. I checked the box, and yup - it contains MSG. MSG and I do not get along, at all. Then I got cold, and I am never cold, not unless I am sick. So even though the sun was out and it was supposed to be a b-e-a-utiful day, I put on socks and then a sweatshirt. Then I pulled a blanket over myself and stayed horizontal all day today. Then I got itchy skin, which I know = 'fever'. So I took some medicine and covered up again. Now I am sweating, so I should be better tomorrow, but I dunno. And of course, I just changed the sheets today. Great.

So I made two cards in 10 hours today, only one of which is blog-worthy. You know it's bad when I don't even feel like stamping. What a pity party I am having right now.

But yesterday I managed to do some stampin', even though it was mostly not from The Heap. This is a really cute set from Inkadinkado. I do not usually get sets this 'cutsy', but I wanted it for some reason. Who knows why.

I still had the Porcelain Prints papers out (not a big surprise), so I got out some River Rock and one of the retired In Color blues, either Blue Bayou or Buckaroo Blue. Being me, this is probably a combination of the two.

There are many images in the set, and the sentiment and image are part of the same clear stamp, which makes it tough to stamp the sentiment separately, so I didn't!

I colored this guy with my fuzzy Certainly Celery marker. I've bought a new marker, but I was too lazy to go find it.

I really like this guy - isn't he sweet? I colored him with Copics.


And this is my nod to the cupcake rage into which I have not bought. (Boy, that sounds almost as bad as, "Up with which I will not put", doesn't it?) I am not sure what kind of a critter this is, but he's pretty cute, too.


Okay, that's all I have in me for tonight. Tomorrow I am supposed to post my UHC, but the stamp I had in mind to use for the holiday I had selected has gone missing. That seems to happen a lot around here. I even went through my "I do not want these any more someone please buy them" box of stamps and it is not in there, either. Oh, well. I may still use that holiday, but come up with something else for my card. If I stay home sick tomorrow, I just might get to it.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well :( I hope you get back to your usual good health as quickly as possible!
    I like your cards today...great all purpose birthday cards! Those little critters are super cute too :)
    Big hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that set sometime back and forgot about it until the other day which was perfect. I had to make a couple of b'day cards for friends and used the granny on the horse and the one that talks about looking more like your parents.

    Hope you're up and around today. Sick does suck :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are feeling so bad. Yeah, you know it's bad when you don't want to stamp! But your critter cards are cute. I love that unlisted number sentiment!!! I have never seen that one :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)