Thursday, April 16, 2009

Something Completely Different

You are NOT in the wrong place. Nope. Crooked Stamper here, and I tried something a little different. Since I was still feeling the aura from that Basic Grey Card Kit experiment, I decided to take out one of my already-cut-into BG 6x6 packs to try my hand at mixing and matching.

Here we have papers from the Blush pack. We have the blue layer, a scalloped-edged brown piece (I used the SU Scallop edge punch for that) , a small piece of polka dotted paper (also scalloped), a pink flower strip, and a Nestie-cut piece of pink. Not too shabby.

That piece of lace made it onto the right edge because I tried to punch the edge, but since it has 48 layers (give or take a few), all I did was dent it, so it needed to be covered up. That lace was just laying on the table, so I used it.

About that white piece: I die cut it first and used a dauber to apply some Close to Cocoa ink before I took off the die (used it as a mask). I decided to break out my never-before-used Verve sets and see what I could use. The sentiment is from the Feeling Groovy set, and the image in the corners is from the Filigree Fantasy set. I inked them with Memento Brown, which may be my new favorite ink.

The jumbo brads are from SU, and I had not opened them until now. Lotsa firsts going on here! :-) At the last second, I stamped a little flourish image from the Filigree Fantasy set in the bottom left corner before I attached the sentiment layer on Dimensionals.

All in all, a total Stash card except for the base. This was kinda fun! I may need to make another one before the Clean Sweep this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as the card came up I had to check my blog roll because my head said, "Who's blog is this??? Doesn't look like anyone I know." Then I saw your disclaimer as I started reading :)

    You know I am a fan of Leslie cards, but you also do a great job when you try something different, like this BG card, or hand stitching, or Lauren-y tree cards, shall I go on? Yesterday I was thinking that my favorite blog friends all have their own distinctive card styles that make me love each of you for your distinctive flair. And yet each of you do a great job when you try different things too. I think it is very kewl.

    You did a great job putting this together and using your stash (new and old). The papers are so pretty! The lace was a perfect touch to cover up your dent (been there, done that.) It looks like you meant to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say that this is one goovy kind of card...totally love it ♥
    Like June, I did a double take too when I saw the card...you should try stuff like this more often because the result is rather spectacular ...not that there's anything wrong with your *usual* cards...but this one's just a bit different and I like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)