Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ready For A 10-Minute Card?

I did not want this set. I did not want this set for a long, long time. I really did not want this set. Then I got this set, and now I love it. (What can I say? I am weak.)

This 100% Scrap Heap creation was inspired by this card on SCS, and it literally took me 10 minutes to put it together.


I love the color combo of Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze ... they just look so soft together! Soft, but blah, so I added Tangerine Tango to liven it up a bit. I was going to do the glitter thing like on the referenced SCS post, but decided The Ladies might enjoy a really quick and easy card for a change.

The base here is actually Old Olive instead of Kiwi Kiss, but for my stamp camps, we'll use the Kiwi Kiss.

Do you think it is a conspiracy that SU continues to make all their new punches coordinate with their existing punches? Well, I can tell you *I* am a willing guinea pig, and I buy almost all of them! I was hoping that new scallop oval was the size of the Wide Oval punch, but it actually layers under the Large Oval punch (and probably the small one, too). But since both of them fit so nicely inside the Wide Oval, I am totally okay with that!

Recipe (All Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Fifth Avenue Floral, Short & Sweet; Paper - Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Whisper White; Ink - Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango; Other - Wide Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Baja Breeze ribbon.

I am off now to make a few more of these, then I'll dig out something else from The Heap. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do think it's a conspiracy with the punches...but it works for me, 'cause then they can all be layered up nicely :) I didn't get the wide oval yet...I opted for the heart punches (both the big heart and the one with the 3 little hearts) and the eyelet border punch. The wide oval is definitely next on the list though...and we don't have the scallop circle yet...probably in the next mini I'd guess.
    As for that stamp set, it's Madonna's favourite and after she raved about it for a while and I saw a few cute cards I decided that I do like it after all...but I didn't buy it yet either...see how restrained I've been....LOL.
    Anyway, after all that rambling on I better say that I really, really like your card and I think your ladies will too. Actually, now that I look at it again I like it so much that I think that stamp set just went up a couple of places on the list. Now after this essay of a comment I am going to go do something creative. Happy Easter...or should I say Happy Passover...yes, that's the one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are en enabler :>) I hadn't thought twice about the 5th Ave Floral set but NOW it looks like I'll HAVE to have it!!! Beautiful sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of that stamp set, just my opinion mind you, but that being said...I love YOUR card. Adding the tangerine tango was divine inspiration! I love love love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)