Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MORE White Space!

Once again, I've made an unintended card. By that, I mean I set out with other plans in mind, but this is what I did instead. I am sooo easily distracted!

You see, I actually cleaned the stamps that were out on the Captain's Table, and when I went to put away one of my clear sets, I spied a Unity set I think I've used once. Like one stamp, one time. I thought I'd make my planned card using the Unity set, but then I realized the images were too big. THAT idea morphed into "what if I just use one stamp?" which morphed into "oooh, I have this container of red hearts out ..." to "ooooh, how about white on white", which morphed into this:

I KNOW! What is WRONG with me?!?!?! Sooooo much white! Here's how it all went down: I wanted to stamp the tree in Artichoke, but I was afraid the red hearts with the green image would look Christmas-y. Even though I have every color of SU craft ink in the Spots (those 1" square ink pads), I forget about them, and I felt limited to my 5 or 6 large Craft pads. I thought about white, but then decided that Vanilla might actually be visible to the naked eye, so I went with Vanilla, and I used Winter White EP.

I added all the heart brads, then futzed with the white space for a while until I decided on the strip of hearts, which is cut from a small piece I ran through the Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Hearts embossing folder. A red button from the stash; a retired SU sentiment (Fancy Flexible Phrases) ... done!

Here is a close-up of the tree:

I am not sure what's come over me, but this white-on-white's gotta stop. I have a bazillion pieces of colored paper all over the place, and I need to use them!

I think I'll go stamp something else now, with some color! Oh, and don't forget the latest episode of my Spot the Mistake contest. You have until Friday to enter.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Looks cool...love the vanilla on white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I love this..everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brads -> beads.

    Too bad this isn't for the spot the mistake contest :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh....this is so pretty! I made a white on white card for my last inspiration challenge on my blog and as I was making it I thought about stamping the image in VersaMark and embossing in White, but I thought it wouldn't show. I wish I had seen your card first! It does show and it is a fabulous effect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooooh! ♥♥♥ now see, i LOVE white-on-white and i LOVE minimalist! (i can't DO IT...obviously...but i admire the restraint of others all the more!!!!) :)

    (ps: WV="ables"...no joke...i just somehow always feel excited when it's a "real word"...) (yes i AM weird...what's your point?!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)