Sunday, February 14, 2010

Two Easter Cards

Today, in between downloading tax software to attempt to amend my 2007 & 2008 taxes so I can start on my 2009 taxes, I actually stamped something! And, on top of that, both of the cards are Easter cards!

The first card is one I've shown you before as a mock-up:

I trimmed the bottom edge of the white layer with my Fiskars edger/cutter thingy because the ribbon hole punch left indentations on the bottom edge of the card stock. Nice save, huh? I used my craft knife to cut the ribbon holes through the blue layer.

The next card is the result of a lot of futzing. I wanted to use the Eggcoutrements stamp set; I wanted to use the Eggcellent Eggs Kit; so naturally (ever distracted by pretty things) the first thing I got out was the Forest Friends stamp set so I could use the stinkin' cute bunny. He reminds me of Thumper, and I just needed to use his image. I mean, c'mon, look at this:



Now with that in mind, check out card #2:


(Doesn't he look like Thumper?) Eventually I did manage to incorporate all of the Easter stuff AND the bunny into this card, so there's a lot going on here. For starters, I colored the tree with Soft Suede and Certainly Celery markers, and the bunny is stamped in Going Grey.

The green strip is from the Eggcellent Eggs Kit. The top of it is straight across and cut like grass, but as you can see, mine is not straight across. This was a happy accident, because I stamped the bunny a little bit too low, and he was buried by the grass, so I trimmed it and cut new slits for grass. I like the slope!

The flowers and bling are from the Eggcellent Eggs Kit, too. SU bling! YAY!!!!

The sky. Ah, the sky. For ever and ever I've been wanting to try making my own clouds, and today I did it! I punched a scallop circle out of a scrap, then sponged Bashful Blue ink around the top of it, moved it, sponged some more ... it was really easy and I love the look!

The birds? I had a speck of who-knows-what on the sky, so I drew in some birds. Missed covering the speck, but I have birds now. Sigh ...

Wow, that's two Easter cards done! I have a few more ideas in the pipeline, and one of them incorporates an old cut-up Scrapin' Kit that I hope to show you tomorrow. Love using up the old stuff!

Back to the Olympics (yes, I actually turned on my TV). Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. ooh! ♥LOVELY♥ easter cards! i especially like the carrot one with the fab flourish! (but your "grey hare" is very attractive, as well!) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)