Saturday, February 6, 2010

A White Card on a Snowy Day

Snow, snow and more snow. The news people (who have been on since 5 am, I might add, so they are a bit punchy), just said this is something like the 5th-worst snow on record. As the snow slows down, it is gorgeous outside, but treacherous. The heavy snow is collapsing roofs (rooves) and breaking tree limbs, which in turn take out power lines. Fortunately I have power, though I am running the emergency heat since my heat pump is under about 2 feet of drifted snow.

Here is the view from my couch earlier this afternoon:

Note the drifted snow on the left. That's up against my sliding screen door. I have a deeper drift at my front door, holding the screen door shut, so I am literally a shut-in. I anxiously await the arrival of the shovel-my-snow crew I called earlier who will get here when they can get here later today or tomorrow.

For some perspective, check out my full-size metal trash can (it holds bird seed) on the right:

Uh-huh. I'm not going anywhere.

HOWEVER, I did have time to stamp! YAY! This card:

... is a total case of the last card in this post. I used red hearts instead of silver, but still. When you are desperate for your fourth project for next weekend's Stamp Camps, desperate measures are sometimes necessary.

ETA: Oh, drat, I hit Enter and published this post before I finished typing. Ugh. But that's okay, as I am out of words, so you are free to go now.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. i love the pop of red and that bow is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card! I loved the other one, too. I'm glad you still have power and are safe and warm. The snow has melted here, now it's just cold and damp. I hope your snow plowing crew can get there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! So very elegant!
    I do not envy all the snow you have! Thank goodness you have people coming around to clear it out for you.In the meantime, stamp away and share your wonderful creations and words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think big snows are kind of exciting, especially when you have power. Losing power can be a deal breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. somehow the snow looks so pretty there compared to here.. love that card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oof i have done that with the press "ENTER" and posted just pics with no text...or just text with the pics not in yet...ah well...i suppose EVERYONE has done it at some point. :)

    i ♥LOVE♥ this gorgeous card (& of course i'd never seen the original!) the swirls are magnificent, i LOVE the b&w (always!!!) and i adore that you've swapped out for the red hearts...that little pop of color is BOFFO!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)