Saturday, February 9, 2013

HO HO H2O

When I first saw the current Jingle Belles challenge called Ho Ho H2O, once I got done laughing at the very clever title and read the details: create a holiday card which features icicles, snow, frozen ponds, or any water-related image; OR use water-based products on your project, such as watercolor paints, water-based markers or sprays, etc., I knew immediately what I'd do to play.

I made this:


I used this Hambo Ice Hole image almost two years ago to the day, so I think it was meant to be. However, my tale is not without a bit of woe. You see, I won this image in one of the early Hambo Hoedown's back in Feb, 2011, but for the life of me, after digging in my archives for days and days, it was nowhere to be found. I actually purchased it again to make this card. THAT'S HOW SURE I WAS IT WAS PERFECT for this challenge.

I printed it on some Bazzill card stock for added texture (you know me and white space). All I did to adorn it was color it with some Copics, layer it onto a piece of blue remnant, add a piece of washi to the bottom and border punch it. I have more of these printed, so I'll probably make them for OWH, or maybe since they're done with winter cards, I'll send them to my peeps in the snowy north. Whoa, serious snow fall up in New England.

Alrighty, then, I've printed off a stack of challenges to tackle this weekend, and I hope to create something blog-worthy.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. That's adorable and it is a perfect image for that challenge. It also made me grin, which is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could send this card to everybody...I LOVE that sentiment, lol!
    And that's dedication, btw. Purchasing something you know you already have?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snort ... I adore this ... may have to go add it to my collection ... just too perfect ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! only you, missus! only you!!! :) :) :) toooooooo funny, and yet you've very impressively also made it a FAB LOOKING card, something i only noticed once the tears of laughter dried a bit and i could see again!!! ♥♥♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute and just lovely! how adorable

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)