Sunday, February 10, 2013

Need to Venti?

Even though my mojo has left the building, I'm pushing through and doing some challenges, mostly to keep me from just sitting on the couch and drooling. And doing laundry.

I pulled out the current Freshly Made Sketch:

and studied it. I wasn't sure I had the brain cells to do matching papers today, so I decided to stamp the bottom part and maybe score the top section. Then I spied the polka dot ribbons left over from an old SOS challenge -- they were still out because I had muttered something about disappearing all of it. Never happened. So there it was, and it drove the decisions I used to make this card:


It all started when I chose a piece of that green ribbon. So I needed brown ink for the stamp on the bottom, and I chose the Impression Obsession Herringbone stamp from my "you can't put these away until you use them" pile of acquisitions. I stamped it in Frayed Burlap. Then I scored the top section. The layer of green is SU Old Olive.

Then I stared some more. I must have cut 3 or 4 circle-ish shapes before I ended up with the brown you see here. I had stamped the cup and the sentiment in Frayed Burlap, but had to re-stamp them with Gathered Twigs ... it needed the darker brown. I had to toss the sentiment, but the cups are all cut out and stacked. It's pretty thick.

I also had several iterations of stamping for the cup's sleeve, and finally ended up with a piece of a mis-stamped background. What, you thought I got that on the first try? Pffth.

Not too long ago I would know I was on a roll when the time stamps on my photographs were about an hour apart. I'd make a card, photograph it, blog it, then go back in for more. Today I have 4 hours between photographs. Yes, it's that bad. And I've put away the ribbon.

But I'm pushing on. I'm working on the current OWH sketch right now. I hope to be back shortly with my report.

Thanks for stopping by.




7 comments:

  1. That is so cute Leslie! I love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your hard work paid off! Cute card and that ribbon is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the paper piecing and fussy cutting, and that stamp set is awesome! The pop of color in the ribbon is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worth all the effort - this is ADORABLE! Love that sentiment, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Colors, elements, stamping-everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooooooooh! ♥LOVE♥ this one!!! that little pop of green just MAKES IT!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)