Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Got Distracted

I did. I got distracted. It all started when I made a card for the current Clean & Simple challenge:

My brain immediately knew what to do. I needed to use my Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases stamp set -- the one with the big words -- and use pretty paper top and bottom. So off I went to the craft room.

I made one:

Isn't that the perfect sketch for these sentiments? Then I tripped over my tripod, which I'd set up last night to remind me that I wanted to figure out how to do videos, so I made another card and played with filming. The filming didn't go so well... I need to play with the camera angle. But I got another card out of it:


Then I rearranged some of the stuff on the floor (whaaaat, it's a flat surface and fair game) and moved the tripod again, and tried filming another card session. I really need to work on that camera angle, but I got another card out of it:


I put away the camera but kept going. I decided to disappear the rest of that paper pack. I cut all the papers to 4x5.25 and made all of them into cards using the same sketch and Paper Smooches sentiments.

Then I couldn't stand the thought of putting away all those 2" strips of paper, so I paired them up, cut them to 2x4", stuck them to black layers, put a neutral 4" strip in the middle, stamped them with various sentiments, and came away with seven or eight more cards. Here's one:


For this one I colored the enamel dots with a black Sharpie. I got that idea from Dixie in this post. I really like the enamel dots because they are pretty flat, but I don't have any black ones. I'm not sure they even come in black. Must research.

Here's another one:


I got all crazy with this paper and switched the bottom piece so I had green on both sides for balance. Then I got lucky and found some enamel dots in the right green. :)

One more:


You can see the top and bottom strips of paper are exactly the same. Well, I can.

So I've pretty much disappeared that pack of Memory Box Rhubarb Tart paper. I ended up with over 25 cards, and I have two pieces left that I'm going to use for the 11:00 am OWH challenge to make a critter card. I can make two! :)

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. I like it when you get distracted - look at all the lovely cards! The camera angle thing is difficult with a regular tripod, but if you have a shelf or something above your desk, a GorillaPod would work great. They're pretty inexpensive and they are flexible, so you can wrap them around things. Have a look on Amazon. And please let me know if you find black enamel dots, I haven't found any, I'd love to find some black epoxy dots, too. They would make good centers for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that second-last card. the pinkish paper with green & black is AWESOME.

    and thank you for balancing the greenish swirls. my little matchy-matchy-ocdish self would've been snaky had they been both on the same side.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)