Saturday, February 2, 2013

CAS2 Homework - Day 5


I finally got to my homework from last night's Clean & Simple 2 Online Card Class. The topic of this session was One Stamp, Three Ways. They gave us lots of ideas, then sent us out into the wild with an assignment to use one stamp three different ways.

For my first card, I used my chosen stamp and just stamped it in three different colors on a white card base:


It's neon, it's bright, and there is a lot of white. I added black pearls to the centers for masso contrast, then decided it needed to be matted on black. The bursts lend themselves to a not-often used category of stamp sentiments, so I used the Surprise + ! from my Paper Smooches Birthday Sampler set.

Next, I went for emboss resist:


I stamped the image on white card stock with Versamark ink and white-embossed them. Then I took three colors of Distress ink and blended them over the images. For the centers here I used Enamel Accents, and the blobs kinda flattened out. At least the color is still there. I resisted (heh heh so punny) adding the black layer, even though I really, really, REALLY wanted to.

For the third card, I tried water coloring with my Inktense pencils:


I stamped the image on watercolor paper, scribbled orange, red-orange and red diagonally, then went over the scribbles with a wet brush to blend and intensify. Meh. I'm not feeling the love.

I did have a minor craftastrophe, though, so there's that. I had a dollop of white Enamel Accents in the center, and somehow managed to smear it all over the card front, the image, and myself. I wiped it off, but some stayed behind. I needed a save because I was NOT re-making that water color part. I chose to seal it with some matte Multi Medium. Then I needed to put something else in the center, and I ended up with the wrong green enamel dots.

That second card with the emboss resist is definitely my favorite.

I think I'll go ponder my Bonus Day homework next. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: You are not seeing double. I've re-upped with Inlinkz, the better to enable you. I'm linking to both Ellen Hutson and Simon Says Stamp because I know some people have preferences, and the two stores don't carry all the same items. You're welcome.




5 comments:

  1. Very nice...those blue/green cards are real stunners!!! Great variety with the same main stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the first one needs the black layer, but the second one really is ok without it. I had those Inktense pencils several years ago and couldn't do anything with them, so I finally divested myself of them. I shan't be sucked in to giving them another try, either. I've seen lovely things made with them, but they are not my cup o' tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that splash stamp, Leslie - beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that stamp and how you used it. All 3 are fabulous! Nice save on the 3rd one. And I like the color with pencils in lines and just water over it, that might be my new method!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the stamp! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)