Saturday, February 9, 2013

You Fill My Thoughts

For my next trick I tried combining two challenges, Color Throwdown:

and the Tuesday Morning Sketch:

I also decided to take some inspiration from several of the too many cards I have pinned on my Pinterest Cards board. I figured it was about time to do something with it instead of just swoon. I tried several different things until I ended up with this:

It took me forever, and I'm not feeling the love. I thought maybe it was the lack of contrast with the die-cut, so I tried this:

Meh. About the only thing I do like about these cards is the scoring:

Getting the score lines to be raised on the card front is a trick we learned in one of the CAS2 Online Card Classes, and I love it. I thought the sentiment looked ungrounded, so I added the score lines instead of anything with color.

Eh, I'm going back to try something else. Maybe it will involve paint. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used and not linked below: SU Very Vanilla card stock, misc red & pink card stock, SU Basic Grey and Basic Black card stock, miscellaneous baubles.





4 comments:

  1. At first, I liked the black outline, then the white, but now I think I like the black outline better! :) Love the sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh!! This is very nice! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white, but the black really does pop - I love how the inlaid die cuts look :) So cool that you played with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very neat design! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)