Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Just Playing

I came here to post my OWH cards I spent all day making, but then I found one that I made first and forgot about, so you'll get to see that now. My next post will be my OWH cards. You've been warned. :D

Today I started out just playing. I still had my Impression Obsession Circle Fusion 1 stamp out *ahem* and I spied a pack of Strathmore Canvas ATC papers, and suddenly I had a plan. Here's the card, then I'll explain:

It all started with the embossed image on that piece of canvas-y paper. It's just a textured paper - not real canvas. And it's not as texture-y in real life; that darn camera picks up detail when I don't want it to. ;/

I wanted to do gradient colors, so I grabbed three of my neglected Gelatos and colored over the embossed paper. It mostly stuck to the embossing until I spread it around with my finger, and that filled it all in. I took a wet wipe to clean off the embossed area, and although I tried not to rub any green onto the blue (and visey versy) I still managed to do so. There is some green in the blue section at the top. Oh, wait, I meant to do that. I like it, anyway.

All I did was round the corners of the ATC piece and the base, stick the ATC piece down, and add the banner & sentiment.

Now, if someone could explain to me why I insist on stamping on textured paper, I'd love to hear it. ;/

Okay, I'm going to attempt to get the OWH post up next.

Thanks for stopping by!

Product enablement list:
Impression Obsession Circle Fusion 1 stamp (SSS | EH)
Hero Arts white embossing powder (SSS | EH)
Versamark ink (SSS | EH)
SSS Banner Sayings (SSS)
SSS Banner Die (SSS)
SSS Banner Sayings and Die (SSS)
Faber-Castell Gelatos - Green (SSS | EH)
Faber-Castell Gelatos - Metallic (SSS | EH)
Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink (SSS | EH)
Best Creations Small Square adhesive (SSS)
Strathmore Canvas paper ATC (I think I got mine at Mike's several years ago)

3 comments:

  1. so cool- love the colors on the gelatos- one day I will get some for myself! Love the banner for the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about trying to stamp on textured paper. Heat embossing detailed stamps doesn't work well either, (so I am told........) I like the purposely blended colours! Great card! Now I am thinking I NEED that background stamp. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gelatos, huh? I love the way the colors blend together so well. I may have to break down and try some of those.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)