Monday, December 24, 2012

Thanks For Your Service

I mentioned I wanted to try heat-embossing in white onto Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I just tried it, and I love the results!  Here's my card, then I'll explain:

This definitely looks better from afar ... my coloring skillz have a long way to go.  I white-embossed the Impression Obsession Circle Fusion 1 background onto the Desert Storm card stock, then colored it with my Derwent Inktense pencils. I cut it in half, mostly because I got tired. I originally wasn't going to wet the red and blue colored sections, but then I remembered these pencils come alive when wet, so I did, and I'm SO glad I did. I LOVE the result.

Now, to deal with that diagonal white space, and fit something into it. I had in mind to do the last OWH Mid-week Throwdown of Red, White & Blue, so I went with my Paper Smooches Circle of Honor set. The sentiment is stamped in Distress Faded Jeans and I colored the cutie-patootie eagle with my pencils. I declared him to be a bald eagle, so I left his head white. The Bazzill White OP card stock is textured, so you can see where the stamp missed spots on his body. I declared them to be baby pinfeathers, and embraced it.

I stamped the eagle twice: once onto the card front and also on a scrap of the same paper, then cut him out of the scrap, sans legs. Then I popped him up on dimensional adhesive over the stamped image. He looks a bit floaty to me now, so I may go back and add some ground under his feet.

This will be a one-of-a-kind card, and I'll make it into an Any Hero card, to be sent to one of our troops with a message in it. That way they get mail, too!

In other news, Bobrah got a prezzie today. He has his own bowl!  Personalized:

Isn't that awesome!? And it's heavy, so he can't pick it up with his teeth and fling it like he did with one I had on the counter. ;/  Kids - what are ya gonna do?

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate, and thanks for stopping by!

Product enablement list:
Impression Obsession Circle Fusion 1 stamp (SSS | EH)
Hero Arts white embossing powder (SSS | EH)
Versamark ink (SSS | EH)
Hero Hues black ink (EH)
Paper Smooches Circle of Honor stamp set (SSS | EH)
Derwent Inktense water color pencils (SSS) I have the 72, but they come in smaller sizes
Signo white gel pen (SSS | EH) Say what? Yeah, it covered some smears...
Distress Faded Jeans ink (SSS | EH)
Neenah Desert Storm card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
Bazzill White OP card stock
SU white twine

5 comments:

  1. What a great card! I think it's perfectly fine for a bird to be floaty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love that eagle and the red, white and blue on the stamp. Merry Christmas to you and Bobra. His new bowl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!! So cute and the patriotic colors just "pop" off the page. What a cool background stamp, too. I don't have any of the IO cover-a-card stamps....yet. ;) I love them, though.

    Wishing you & Bobra a wonderful day tomorrow. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used your pencils! The results are fantastic. What a great card! I also love that special bowl for your Bobra kitty! It is very unique. I hope you have a nice non holiday tomorrow because you deserve the best always. MWAH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do I love Bobra's new dish. Hope you had a nice Christmas and and all the very best for 2013. We are getting a blizzard right now. Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)