Monday, September 15, 2014

Not A Christmas Card

Whilst perusing challenge blogs for my list to take along on my crafty play day, I saw this post at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog, where she made a non-Christmas card using a Christmas set, and I mistook it for an actual challenge.

The bad news is it's not really a challenge. The good news is I made a non-Christmas card with a Christmas set, and I might be a little proud of it.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I used the Lawn Fawn Snow Day stamps and dies to make the ice cream cone. The cone is the tree image, stamped in Hero Arts Soft Sand. The ice cream scoops were stamped with the heart in the set, die-cut, and attached upside-down. I pulled three random colors of Distress ink from my pal's box o'inks, as these are not my go-to colors. They were on top. :)

Since the heart has a pointy bottom, I disguised the top one with a cherry die-cut from the Memory Box Sweet & Sour Cherries die.

The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn So Much To Say set, which may be my new favorite go-to set for general sentiments. I cut the Happy Birthday in half so I could stack the words.

The stamping was done on another UFO from my pile. I think this one was water color paper where I spritzed over a stencil with green spray I made from a Gelato. It wasn't plain white, and I liked the green parts of the background with the sentiment and ice cream cone.

Since the reason I made this isn't a real challenge, I guess I won't go link up. Sigh.

I will bug you with some more UFO cards later. Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: misc tan card stock for the base, Ki gems from Joann's, and the following:


3 comments:

  1. Love it. Very creative even if not a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created your own challenge!! Fab job creating a non Christmas card with a Christmas set! What a great idea...we could use that for an upcoming SOS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)