Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Well-Behaved Women

While perusing the Lil' Inker site a few days after their latest release*, the Snarky Lady stamp set caught my eye (surprise) and jumped into my cart. Last weekend, while trying to make a dent in my UFO pile, this happened:


I saw an area on that piece of water color paper from the UFO pile that haden't gotten inked, and it was a perfect fit for that sentiment. I stamped and colored the lady on a piece of white card stock, then added some black lines with a fine-point Sharpie. The lady's panel is the same height as the water color panel, so I did an offset layout. It shows off more of the color at the top and covers up a spot at the bottom where the colors kindof muddied. Gotta love a craft that lets you hide the less-than-perfect parts, don't you? :) Well, not that any of my cards' visible parts are anywhere close to perfect, but you know what I mean.

The piece of Bazzill Sea Glass paper was in the UFO pile, too, and I deemed it the perfect layer. I also added some clear Wink of Stella to her scarf for just a touch of sass.

I have a couple more UFO projects I'll share later this week. Thanks for stopping by!

* I like to wait for a release's frenzy to die down before I dip my toe into it. I can't deal with frenzy.



3 comments:

  1. ooooooooooh! LOVE LOVE LOVE this. awesome watercolor background and the offset of the image just soooo totally MAKES it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background, and that quote is one of my favorites. I can see why it jumped in your cart!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)