Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For My Next Trick ...

Remember when I said you'd all be sorry that I took my camera to work? Here is an example of why. Check out this pile of stuff from the Heap:

It is mostly Sahara Sand and some pink (dunno which one), but on top of those is a sheet of Voo Doo Dolls I just printed out on my 'puter's printer. I have that voo-doo doll on my desk, which explains the cube-y-ness in the background of the image.

I took some polka dot paper off the patterned paper pile in the Heap and made this.

Other implements employed include a pair of deckle-edge scissors and some red-edged orange ribbon from my Box Of Every Color Red/Orange/Pink Ribbons that I frayed (poorly - needs some clean-up work), but I liked the splayed effect of the ribbon ends vis-a-vis the doll's arms.

Okay, okay, I s-u-p-p-o-o-o-o-o-o-s-e I could have cut out that image to make it a little cleaner, and I still might. Maybe.

On another note, I opened a fledgeling Etsy store tonight. I think it may be a better idea than my Blog Store, which I simply cannot keep updated. With the Etsy store, I'll only upload one of each card, and as they sell, they take themselves down. I'll see how that goes. I put the link in my right menu bar (so *I* can find it!) :-)

I'm off to cut up some more voo-doo dolls. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH! JMO, but PUH-LEASE do not cut out a cleaner image on that voodoo doll. I love it just like it is. And that frayed ribbon...more Leslie genius. Your photographer must have been promoted from amateur to professional, because I thought they were actual little dolls in some kind of shadow box that you opened and stuck an actual little doll on the card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)