Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Heap More Stampin'

I spent today working on the Scrap Heap some more, and this time kitty helped. She decided the Scor-Pal needed guarding.

Actually, it was the only place to sit on the entire table... surprise.

She looked right at me when I called her name. BTW, her name is Koshka - that's Russian for 'cat', and it was her name when I adopted her, so I just kept it. She is such a sweetheart.

Today I started with this piece of altered glossy paper and some coordinating purple card stock. I cut the piece into 4 and double-mounted them on the Pale Plum and Elegant Eggplant. There were two pre-folded stamped-on-the-front cards in that stack, so I cut them into parts to get 4 pieces for layering onto white bases.

I made two of these (plain front) ...

... and two of these (patterned front). At some point in the past year or two I'd stamped the CHF Victorian backgrounder in Pale Plum onto the Pale Plum, then changed my mind, or something.

The ribbon is from my stash and is really old. I used almost all of it on these four cards. Yay!

The three purple gems are from a cell phone sticker thing I got a ACMoore eons ago. They should be larger, but it's all I have.

I rubbed the flower petals in Pale Plum ink, and put one of the SU Rhinestones in the center. The layers of 1/2" + 3/4" circles gave it enough heft to hold the brad and support some glue dots on the back.

Next up, I grabbed these stickers from my Mike's what-was-I-thinking stash and used them as a guide for color selection: Navy, Celery and White. Four stickers = four cards.

These cards took a while to come together, but I like how they turned out. One of my challenges is: just because the papers go together, now what? So I stew a lot.

I Cuttlebugged the white for interest, and I thought the bird folder worked with ... the bird sticker. The celery ribbon is from one of my gotta-have-em-all RABOM purchasing frenzies. The gems are from a dollar pack from Mike's (I think). The green shape behind the bird sticker is cut from the back of the sticker package. I am sooo loving that these are being packaged so well!

I was going to stamp a sentiment in Night of Navy, but opted instead to use up some of my rub-ons and I like the white on the green better.

I used Navy behind the circle stickers for contrast, since they were already green-polka-dotted.

This bird was a challenge because of the direction he is looking, but I just put him on the right side of the card and put the gems on the left.

Here is your cuteness for the evening (or morning, if you are in Oz). I picked up this Hero Arts set while shopping last Tuesday because of a very enabling post on someone's blog. And since I have some Washi paper in the Heap, it was a logical move to introduce these little lasses to some ink. The only problem was stamping them on Washi paper. This paper is real textured and uneven, and no matter what I did I could not get a clean stamped image. So I decided instead to use the pretty paper as the background and just stamp their bodies on colored card stock and cut them out. I actually cut out all of the images, and just layered the kimonos on top of them. The faces are colored with a Copic, and I went over their hair with a black SU marker since I stamped them so poorly.

I also made my card for tomorrow's UHC, but I'll let you go now so you can rest up from all this reading. I promise not to be so long-winded tomorrow! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My!!! I'm exhausted just looking at all you've accomplished in the last couple of days! I do like those Hero Arts girls...but I am being good & strong & not buying anything til the new SU catty comes out....seriously :)
    All of the cards you made turned out great...I really love the Plum & Eggplant ones...that's a favourite colour combo with me ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the purple flower cards. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 stickers=> 4 cards PERFECT!

    And you already used your new Angela stamps. That card is SOOOOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA!!!!!!!! Love these!! And Koshka!!! Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)