Friday, March 27, 2009

Not Your Usual Crooked Card

This week, which is Week 3 of my "Use Only Scraps" self-challenge, I've been playing in the Challenge pool to get some Mojo. Tonight's effort was based on the MOJO79 challenge over at Mojo Monday - The Blog. I turned it sideways and played a bit with the parts-is-parts, but all four cards are basically the same. All of them use the same papers, the same Nesties for the horizontal piece, and the same CHF stamps.

This one uses my newly-acquired MS Lattice border punch.

This is the same card, but I moved the faux knot down from above the bird to the empty space in the center. I think I like this version better.

This one uses the SU Spiral punch instead of the Martha punch.

And this is the same as that last one, but I moved the ribbon down and lost the pink piece.

Not your typical Crooked Stamper production, huh? Well, maybe they are crooked a little (the photographs definitely are ...), but they are certainly not my colors or go-to layout. That's the fun of sketches - they take you out of your comfort zone.

The GOOD news is: I used up a bunch of card stock and patterned papers, which is my main goal these days. Yay, me!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the card...the little birdie is so cute and the lattice punch is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!

    I've been eyeing that Martha border punch...I should have known you already have it ;)

    Week 3 of the self-challenge? I am SO impressed with your stick-to-it-iveness. I definitely would like to see a post of The Heap before & after challenge photos :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)