Friday, March 6, 2009

Random Friday

I am feeling very unfocused again, so I thought I'd post a few random things, followed by a tag thing that I'll get to in moment.

First up, I have these little lovelies, left on my desk by a fellow co-worker and Keurig fan. In fact, she may be the first one of us to cave and buy one of the machines for home use. She bought this coffee because she liked the names:

Obama Blend (yes, they also offer a McCain blend) .....

... and Donut Shop. They have some other cute-named versions which she did not buy yet, but I checked them out and they have promise. Just think - a Random Coffee of the Month Club. Do you think it has potential?

Moving on... this receipt (evidence) is the reason I am shunned at Chinese restaurants. Well, not shunned by the restaurant itself, but rather by my fellow diners, the ones sitting at my table. The general reaction to me ordering this is much shaking of heads, and scouting of near-by tables to see if they can quickly move and pretend they are not with me. What can I say? I like Kung Pao chicken, I just do not like dark meat (never have, never will), or peanuts (or more precisely, peanuts do not like me), and I switch out the white rice for brown because it is healthier. This is why they call me 'high-maintenance'. I do not need jewels or shoes or fancy things, just give me white meat chicken and no one gets hurt!

And now for the rest of my post. I usually whine a lot when I get tagged because I am so far down in the food chain, there is no one left for ME to tag. But NOW I have an evil plan. Actually, I think it is a pretty GOOD plan! If I follow the blog trail, and look at who reads who, and then to whom they link, etc., I find people who have nothing to do with stamping that have these questionnaires posted, so I can steal them! THEN, my beloved readers, I can tag people who read ME, because (hopefully) they have not been in the running yet. Shall we give this one a try? Let us begin.

I read this on The Undomesticated Wife, which I discovered by following one of my readers and who she reads. I liked the blog's name, largely because if I were a wife, I'd definitely be undomesticated!


Here are the rules:

Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.

Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people (I reserve the right to only tag 5, so I leave some for others, k?)

************************

What are you wearing now? Jammies

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George. (I looooove Historical Fiction!)

Do you nap a lot? No, no time!!!

Who was the last person you hugged? Um ... maybe my massage therapist?

What’s your current obsession/addiction? Stamping and hoarding of all things related (duh!)

What was the last thing you said aloud? I probably called another driver a bad name.

What websites do you always visit when you go online? Google Reader, Gmail and Mindspring (email), and Splitcoaststampers.

What was the last thing you bought? SU stamps and accessories (hello!)

What are you listening to right now? Nothing

If you could have any super power, what would it be? I would love to be able to lose weight without exercising or counting calories. (Wanna test a magic pill? Where do I sign?)

What is your favorite weather, and why? I love sweater weather. I run hot, so if it is cool enough to wear a light sweater or sweatshirt, I am in heaven.

What time do you usually get up? Well, the radio clicks on at 5:45 (M-F), but I do not usually drag my sorry butt out of bed much before 6:45. On weekends I manage to wake up (without the radio) before 5:30. Go figure.

What is your most challenging goal right now? Fitting 10 pounds of life into a 5-pound day.

Say something to the person who tagged you (or in my case: from whom you stole the questionnaire): I'm glad I found your blog! Cute dogs! And we all make mistakes, so go easy on them, k? ;-)

If you could have a house – totally paid for, fully furnished – anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? At one time I thought Scotland would be a fun place to live, but now I think I'd take a house right here in the DC area!

Favorite vacation spot? Sanibel Island, FL. I have a 2-week time-share there in October, and I love it. Biggest decision every day is: beach or pool? Oh, and what to do about dinner.

What is your favorite item of clothing? Jeans


What is your favorite outdoor activity? I used to bike (bicycle, not donor-mobile) all the time on weekends, but now I'll say sitting at my Saturday Farmers Markets on a nice, not-too-hot day, chatting it up with my fellow vendors and just enjoying each other's company, and life in general.

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: Um, I really cannot think of anything, unless being a slovenly slug counts. I do not have food cravings much.

Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is overflowing with a zillion others: Well, in my case, my favorite pair of shoes are either my moccasins or my flip-flops, and my closet is NOT overflowing with options in the shoe department. I have a tough time finding shoes to fit, so I have only a few pair that get me through the work-a-day world (and I spend my money on stamps instead!)


Name one thing you cannot live without: Since I am not really addicted to anything non-stamping, I'd have to say a furry pet. After my puppy went to puppy heaven, I suffered through about 8 months of not being greeted at the door when I got home, and I had to get another pet.

What time is bed time? I try to hit the hay by 9:30 pm, though I will turn in earlier if I am dragging. I read in bed for the distraction factor, and I usually have the lights out by 10:30.

My added question:

Why did you start blogging? I started because one of my customers joked that if I had a blog, I should call it The Crooked Stamper, and she'd read it. Then one day I did the three-step-now-you-have-a-blog thing on Blogger, and the rest is history. Apparently I love to talk and stamp and need an outlet to share. ;-)

I tag (in no particular order, and for no particular reason):

June
Lauren
Kristie
MaryDawn
Lydia



Okay, peeps, I'm off to start the Clean Sweep. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that! LOL
    I'm probably going to have to think about this for a bit...but that was either very clever or very sneaky...not sure which...hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! that actually *IS* a good one AND i have not seen it or done it yet! it's "on the schedule" for later this week! ta v much, miss leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)