Friday, March 13, 2009

Let The Games Begin!

Tonight I arrived home invigorated to attack the Scrap Heap and begin the creation process.

The first thing I grabbed off the UFO pile were these two hearts, plus some Cherise DS paper, some Very Vanilla c/s and some reds (mostly Ruby Red and Real Red). It turned out the red in the hearts was too deep in color to go with the SU reds, but I still used almost everything else!

Here are cards # 1 & 2. Not bad, not bad. I originally wanted to use red brads witht he sentiment pieces, but they looked funny, so instead I doodled over and under the sentiments to try and 'fill it in' a little.

Here's the other two I made.

I was going to call it quits with this selection of scraps when I spied these ...

... and I made this. I have to thank June for inspiring me here. I played with the red-on-vanilla horizontal layers until I thought to dry-emboss the red strip to give it a little oomph. That was the ticket!

I opted to use Basic Gray ink on the sentiment so it did not melt into the background like the red ones above did. Gotta have a little contrast! I may go back and re-do the other sentiments. I think I have enough Vanilla scraps to do that ... :P

When I was done, these lonely hearts were left. So sad. They had to go back to the UFO pile, but I have a plan for them that I hope to get to tomorrow.

For my next trick, I plan to use this scrap of made-it-with-marbles paper from I think LAST Christmas. Ugh. I am trying to figure out how to make it look not Christmas-y, so I pulled out the So Saffron and Old Olive pieces. I'll tackle that one first thing in the morning.



Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wooohooo!!! That's a great start. I'm loving the red on vanilla...it's a very *happy* colour combo. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what non-Christmas-y thing you'll make with the marbles paper (which I really like btw)...I'm sure it will be spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at red...my most favorite color in the world. Those papers and your cards are strikingly beautiful!!! Thanks for the mention, but you hardly needed my help. These are all chock full of Leslie goodness.

    You are so clever to bring in the SO Saffron to tone down the Christmas-y look to your marble paper. I can't wait to see what you do with it and those hearts :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)