Saturday, March 21, 2009

Waning Mojo

I am still working on the ole Scrap Heap, but my mojo seems to have taken a week or so off. No matter what I make, it's just not quite right. Did you ever have a period of time like that? I thought after last weekend, I'd still have some creative juices left, but apparently not. But I have not stopped trying!!!

This guy is one of the images in my pre-ordered Golden Oldies set from the SU Occasions mini catalog. One of the comments I hear a lot at my markets is how I have a lot of 'old ladies' making smart remarks, but not a lot of 'old men', so you see why I needed to get this set. :-)

This layout was my lame attempt to follow this week's caardvarks sketch. I was not attempting to enter the contest (heaven knows I do not need any more stuff!), just simply following the sketch. I tried ... what can I say? I'm just not lovin' this one. (But he is cute, isn't he?)

Here is attempt # 2 using the same images and scrap card stock pieces (I have a ton, okay?) I used bling (it was out), but it may be too girl-y for an old fart. Maybe it needs ... I dunno ... ribbon? :-) So I gave up and moved on.

I grabbed some of this pretty Basic Grey paper from the Figgy Pudding line and thought it would make a nice, feminine, non-Christmas-y card. I pulled out the Old Olive marker for the tree since there is some Olive in the distressing in the paper. The tree is from the ever-so-versatile SU Lovely As A Tree set that I hope they never retire, and the sentiment is by Impression Obsession, and I selected it from my cache of Almost Every Sentiment stamps in The Other Room. The pearls are from my last stop at Angela's, and they are so pretty! This card is still missing something; maybe I'll add some ribbon...

I am still using 100% card stock and paper from The Heap, so even if my dent is smaller, it is still a dent. I must find my mojo so I can make a bigger dent - I must!

Didja notice my header way up above there? I was playing with a photo I took in Florida many years ago and thought I'd try the crop-and-drop Blogger we'll-shrink-it-to-fit-for-you plug-and-play. The sentiment was a bit of a challenge, but I did make it crooked on purpose. ;-) I still have much to learn, but it was fun trying.

I'm off to play some more in the Scrap Heap. I'll let you know if the ole mojo returns. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I jotted down that 'Varks sketch this morning, but no mojo for me today either. At least you made something! And I LOVE that striped dp...I think I had that same dp and made an Easter LO of the girls awhile ago...

    Your mojo is definitely back ON! That tree card is mahhhhhvelous :) I can see I need to go to Angela's and get those pearls...when are you crossing the river again????

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)