Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More of the Same (#999)

I've been a busy bee the past week, but I've not made anything new. Okay, technically these are new cards, but they are just multiples of cards you've seen before. Semantics. Sigh.

I thought I'd take a break from my mass-production to show you a few differences in what I've made. For example, the different ribbons on these cards:

My serving suggestion for The Ladies used the green ribbon, but I had the purple one out to give them options, and I think almost all of them went with purple. When I made the extras, I did half and half. I am soooo indecisive.

These next two cards differ only in the added leaves at the bottom of the one on the right:

Of the 6 cards I made, two of them got these leaves:

Why? Because I stamped the sentiment first (in case I got it crooked) and I got it crooked on two of them. As every stamper knows, each piece of card stock has two sides, so I flipped it over and tried again. Unfortunately, the dark ink of the "bad" sentiment showed through the white and needed to be covered up somehow. Thus, the leaves. I punched them with a leaf punch I've had since before I'd ever heard of SU, and the DSP paper I used for them is from my "hahahaha I now own every color of SU DSP" paper collection.

Next up are two versions of this card:

When I was cutting supplies for the kits, I knew I didn't have enough of that pattern on the left to go around, so I chose another design with a horizontal pattern. Here's a pic of the two papers:

Also, the one on the right doesn't have a sentiment yet. Several of The Ladies opted for no sentiment, and I kindof like that.

The fourth card we made was the bat card from instructions I bought, and I didn't feel right making the cards to sell, so I didn't. I still may use the kit parts to make something else, though.

Then last night, I stamped 20 cod images and cut them out. Then I declared HAND CRAMP and called it a night. TONIGHT I cut and stamped the rest of the parts-is-parts to make a bunch of these:

I made all the versions: Anniversary, Thank You, Thinking of you, Birthday, Get Well, and this one (which had not ever seen ink):

I was very proud of myself for thinking to stamp the little A Muse Santa hat. I even put Flower Soft on the white parts! But when I went to put it on the fish, I saw the top of the hat goes in the wrong direction! (By the way, this is a perfect example of where a digital image would save you. Just reverse the image and it would work.)

So I made that one above, then I did this with the other one:

I actually really like the spot of color the hat brings to the card, don't you? Do you have a preference? (On the fish versus on the sentiment.) Inquiring minds want to know, especially mine!

So you see, I have not made anything new, just more of the same. I have an idea for a card to make tomorrow night. Let's hope it actually happens.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: My next post will be #1000. Whoo-hoo!


  1. Your "cods" are lovely. I especially like the Santa Cod.

  2. All lovely cards as usual, but the 'cods' are to die for. I like the way he has his hat on crooked (no pun intended lol!) I was in love with these cards the first time round and now I NEED to make some. Hope I can find something similar stampwise here in the UK. Thanks for all your inspiration. x

  3. Ha, I love the cod!!!! All your cards are special, but this one is nearly as good as the Peas card!


I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)