The other day I ran across this card in my bloggy travels and decided I needed to make one like it. I usually cut the whole Top Note Die out of one color, or else I pattern the whole thing. I liked that she only patterned the bottom half.
While cleaning & purging in The Captain's Quarters this past weekend, I ran across a die-cut piece of patterned paper, so it was perfect to make two cards. Just cut it in half, cut another one out of a neutral - done!
Here's what I made:
Pretty easy, though it did take me about 2 days to decide on that flower. Sigh. Oh, and I only made one "good" one, since I chose poorly and place the flower over half the words on the second card. And no, it's glued down, so there's no moving it. Double-sigh. It was tragic, but I must move on. Please note that while her flower is gorgeous, mine can be mailed, in a normal envelope. I'm willing to make sacrifices for my art. :)
Now then, I've disappeared another UFO, and I have a few more waiting in the wings with a stack of current sketches ready to go. I'll be back!
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)
PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)