Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just Playing (Part First)

In case you haven't heard, a line of serious storms ripped through much of the right half of our country last night, pretty much from Chicago, IL, to the Atlantic Ocean. Most of the damage was from high winds, and close to a million people in the MD/VA/DC area were without power at one point. I got lucky and only lost power for about an hour during the storm that I listened to and watched from the safety of my bed. I'm grateful for the power today since it's another record-setting HOT. Ugh.

They called this storm a derecho, and here's a great article about the science behind what blew through here.

But weather is not why you're here, I'm sure. :) I have power, but I did lose my DSL for much of the day, so I had a period of disconnectedness that I took advantage of, and I played in the craft room.

My first card started with this piece of remnant:

and I decided I needed to use it for this sketch challenge from Deconstructed Sketches:


Working with only what was already out on my desk, this is what I ended up with:

I'm not in love with this card. Too many greens, I think, and all wrong together. However, on a brighter note, I did use four more stamps from my HA My Happy set, so there's that. :) And I used that piece of paper from my desk, so it's gone now, too. AND, now I can put away that stamp set, since I've used it. (bonus)

I'll share more of my play-time cards later, maybe. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are not without power. My daughter lives just outside Columbus, OH and they say they may not have it restored for 5 days! It is hot up there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you were safe from that storm. It was just amazing to see the damage it did. We were safe up here in the Northlands of NJ. But my heart goes out to those affected! Your card is a cool breeze.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)