Friday, June 13, 2014

A Lotta Challenges for Father's Day

I've been so delinquent with my challenges lately (oh, I still read them all and print them out, then they're a week or two old and ... repeat), I decided to combine a few to make my Father's Day card. Here's my card, then I'll explain:


To make the chevron banner, I masked off part of the Simon Says Stamp Lined Chevron Stencil with Post-it tape so I just had a strip of it showing. Then I smooshed some Simon Says Stamp Mint ink onto a large acrylic block and mixed in some white embossing paste until I got this color (love it). Then I spread it over the stencil, removed the stencil and set it aside to dry.

Side note: Since when did doing dishes become part of stamping? This whole clean-up thing ... pffth.

After the paste dried, I added strips of SU Navy card stock (Yes, it's really navy, and yes, it's still raining, so the lighting sukketh more than usual.) and some Studio Calico alphabet stickers. I stuck the white panel onto a Kraft card base, and for my final act, I added a wood veneer heart.

The challenges: I took the colors from the  My Favorite Things challenge:


this sketch from Retro Sketches:


Okay, I started out with this sketch in mind, but once I replaced the three blocks with the chevrons, it strayed.

Then I added in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use Stencils, and The Male Room challenge to make a Father's Day card. *phew* I might need a nap.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Studio Calico letter stickers, SU Night of Navy card stock, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. I love how you used the embossing paste in just the right color and those letters are perfect!! Awesome Father's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Such a wonderful design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the texture and colour of the chevron pattern. The little wooden heart is cute. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your Fathers'Day card, chevrons are great for male contempo cards and the lettering is fab too. Thanks for joining us in The Male Room this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)