Tuesday, June 3, 2014

PEACE

[If you're looking for my Shopping Our Stash post, please scroll down, or click here.]

I realized I'm fast approaching the deadline for the current Jingle Belles Peace challenge, so I got busy last night and made this:


Looking at this, I'll bet you can't tell I used to sew my own clothes, can you? No, really, I was good! I made my own blue jeans until I bought my first pair of Levis in my teens. That also may be the last time I used a sewing machine, too. I want to be like Lauren when I grow up, but this was ridiculous. It's kinda sad, really, when you look at how I practically butchered the letters in the word "peace", but at least they aren't going anywhere.

Why the stitching? Because I have bad luck with Thickers and other letter stickers not sticking, especially after they have aged a few years. *ahem*

The canvas letters are from a pack I "found" in the back of my letter stickers basket, the papers are MME Sweater Weather, and the star is from an also-ancient pack of stickers I picked up at Mike's many years ago. We won't mention the sewing again, will we?

I followed this expired sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I'm also entering this in the Use Your Stuff challenge to use patterned paper.

I'm feeling some mojo for another challenge or two bubbling up to the surface, so maybe after a nap I'll tackle them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Prima canvas alpha stickers, Mike's dollar bin star sticker, Neenah Classic Linen card stock, and the following:





2 comments:

  1. oooh! oooooh! ooooooooooooooooh! first i just love the overall design of this, plus it's a FAB take on the sketch!!! but also, i really LIKE the stitching!!! it's definitely a completely different experience to handcrank over THICK items (with adhesive on them!) than to sew on fabric... which is why *I* can do it, lol! but you did really really well AND we know that peace is not going ANYWHERE... b/c how sad would it be to send a holiday card that says, "PEA"!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your channeling your inner lauren ... and I love the stitching ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)