Sunday, June 8, 2014

You Brighten My Day

Among the vast amount of crafty goodness I tossed into my bag during the Simon Says Create weekend (that fondle factor gets me every time), were the Lawn Fawn Life Is Good stamps and matching dies. I had these on my Wish List, but couldn't justify buying them just for the lighthouse. But in person, up close, when they were in my paw ... sigh.

So they came home with me, and I needed to use them, so I made this:


And I didn't even use the lighthouse! The more I played with the set, the more I liked it. You can't tell from my crack photography, but the crabs are covered with Glossy Accents.

As I've mentioned in the past, most crabs are only red if they are cooked (read: dead), and they wouldn't be smiling on a beach, waving their little claws in the air, now would they? So in my world, this is Christmas Island, home of one of the only crabs that are red when they are alive.

Also, ya know how I tend to draw in three birds in flight in my skies? Check out those birds ... it's a STAMP! I will never draw them again. Well, maybe not, if it means finding a stamp set to stamp them vs just pulling out a marker to draw them. We'll see.

I got a little carried away and stamped three hills of sand. Those shells hide an unfortunate gap between the bottom of the tree and the sand hill. There are no mistakes in stamping; only opportunities for embellishment. I love this hobby.

And for the record, I cut up the sentiment so it would fit better on the card. It's getting easier and easier to do. :)

Later today, prepare yourself for more VSN projects. I've got five challenges left to do!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Bashful Blue card stock, SU mini glue dots, A*Muse cloud dies, and the following:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)