Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hello

For my next trick on this challenge roll I'm on, I combined the current OWH color combination:

"CANTALOUPE and PISTACHIO (or orange sherbet and teal?). I was going for summery pastel colors – something that felt cool and refreshing like a tall glass of water flavored with a hint of cucumber and mint."

and the current CAS(E) This Sketch! sketch (which is combined with the Fusion challenge this week, but I didn't use their photo - just the sketch):


Here's my card, then I'll explain:



As soon as I saw the CANTALOUPE and PISTACHIO at OWH, I knew I needed to dig out my Cosmo Cricket Clementine paper pack. I think they're a perfect match for the challenge!

The flowers were left from the ones I cut for my previous card, and I used another of my eleventy bazillion brads for the flower's center. I no longer have the patience to see if my hole punch will reach far enough to punch without mucking up the edges of my paper, so I just reach for my paper piercer to poke the hole exactly where I want it.

The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of the same paper used for the card base, and it's popped up on foam tape. I kinda like it. :)

This card was actually simple enough that I could make some more like it and maybe disappear the rest of that Clementine paper pack. Well, I could. We'll see.

I'm off to link up, then I'll be back with another challenge card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Miscellaneous brad, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. That's so pretty. I love that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, Lesley. Love your background. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and CAS(E) this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, this is such a pretty card! A wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us in the combined challenge this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your card. The patterned paper choices are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the sketch, and those colors are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love when you know your patterned papers so well they come to mind when you see a color combination? Really pretty card from the sketch. Thanks for playing with Fusion and CAS(e) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that paper!! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)