Sunday, October 12, 2014

Neon Christmas

My mojo has been running on empty the past few days, but when I saw the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge was to use neon colors to create your holiday card, I got inspired.

I followed the current sketch from Clean & Simple challenges:


and no, I didn't use washi tape. Well, I did, but not in the way you'd think.

Here's the first card I made:


I CASEd the snowflake idea from Jennifer McGuire's post. I'd wanted to try it, and once I combined that idea with the angles of the sketch, and threw in neon, it all came together pretty quickly. I used Hero Arts neon inks for the snowflakes, and Tsukineko Radiant Neon Electric Blue for the sentiment so I could clear emboss it.

Then there was a glimmer of light and I thought maybe if I used a pink washi tape as the border, I could enter this into the current Jingle Belles PINK Christmas challenge:


Oh, here's proof that the sentiment is actually embossed:


I may or may not go back and add something to the centers of the snowflakes. The jury is still out on that.

Then I got another idea, which I'll post separately since I'd also like to link it to the sketch challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: washi tape, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. Another great addition to the *PINK* Jingle Belles challenge, Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I saw Jennifer's video, too, and I wanna try it soon. Yours turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun color combination for a holiday card ... thanks again for going PINK with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had thought to combine these colours in my head, I would have thought I was nuts. AND YET - perfection. Seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vat of clear EP! hee hee I was just trying to remember the other day if I even owned any clear EP. I was too lazy to open the drawer and look so now we still don't know. Great card and the washi tape was a brilliant addition. I'm still not seeing the neon and Christmas tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not only do i *LOVE* this as a pink card, it's a brilliant (in every sense!!!) take on the sketch AND maybe my favorite use of neon EVER in the whole wide world! seriously! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! (ps: ta v much for another JB linkup, that is awesome!!!!!!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. MORE PINK!!!! What happened...lol Love this neon card, so cute cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)