Monday, December 29, 2014

Another CASE

I follow many, many, many crafty blogs in Feedly, pretty much equal parts challenge blogs and personal blogs. I read ALL the challenge blogs every few days, but I mostly look at personal blogs when I have some extra time, or need some inspiration. I'll get to them eventually. The Mark All As Read rarely happens in my world.

One of the blogs I follow is Stamp With Brian. He's an SU demonstrator, and he makes awesome cards!  I have a few in my CASE file, including this one, which I CASEd to make my own version:


I loved his design, and the colors in his paper. I first drew a diagonal pencil line across the white panel as a guide, then used a small butterfly from a Hero Arts set to stamp randomly in three different colors (SSS Coral Reef, SSS Soft Navy, and Hero Arts Soft Sky) above that line.

I cut strips and circles from SU Calypso Coral and SU Night of Navy (still the best navy card stock I've owned). Tip: cut the strips longer than you think you'll need and just trim them. That diagonal measurement can be tricky.

I layered the blue strip, blue circle, orange strip, orange circle, then topped it with the white circle on which I'd stamped the sentiment with SSS Soft Navy.

I like that SSS Coral Reef is close enough to SU Calypso Coral for me to mix and match. I just don't have the space for every color from every company, and it's nice to be able to use what I have.

I just had another idea for this, which I hope to get to later today. Gotta strike while the brain cells are awake!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Night of Navy and Calypso Coral card stock, and the following:



1 comment:

  1. Fun and fluttery! I like your take on Brian's card. You are spot on with make the stripes longer than you think when doing a diagonal!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)