Thursday, December 11, 2014

Framed Greeting on Lotsa Dots

Today I bring you another card I made last weekend. This one uses one of my new Simon Says Stamp stencils, and a sentiment I borrowed from my crafty friend.


I taped my Simon Says Stamp Tiny Dots stencil over a piece of white card stock, then used a mini blending tool to sponge three colors of Distress ink through the holes. From top left to bottom right, I used my usual Festive Berries, Dried Marigold, and Mustard Seed. It's a little light in a few spots, but ... oh, wait, I meant to do that! It's ART!

I played with my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles dies to get the red frame and white inner piece. I love how they came out!

The sentiment is from the MFT Vertical Greetings set, and was stamped in Hero Hues black ink.

When I got home, I mounted the white panel to a white card base, then cut thin strips of the same red (SSS Lipstick Red, I think) and used them on the sides of the white panel.

You'll probably see this layout again, as I'm loving those rectangles!


Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: MFT Vertical Greetings, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm feeling rather lazy. Can I just sit back and watch my dreams dance around and do crazy things instead of chasing them? Great card. I like the variant colored dotted background. Much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love that background and I still want that stencil. It was, of course, out of stock when I placed my last order. Nice name at the end of the quote...Richard Dumb :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)