Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Stripey Experiment

During my recent crafty weekend, one of my friends and I played with our MISTIs. If you haven't heard about this tool, go check it out here. Iliana is a genius. The MISTI is perfect for mass-production, or for people like me who make a card then immediately destroy it by mis-stamping the sentiment at the end. I have already saved a few cards by being able to re-stamp the sentiment again in the exact same spot with the MISTI. It's pricey, and not for everyone, but I'm happy I splurged. :)

So, here is one of my MISTI experiments from my weekend:


I inked up the stripey background stamp with three different Distress inks. Why Distress inks? Because I thought they'd blend better where they overlapped. Plus, they were closer to me, and I didn't feel like looking for dye inks. I might be lazy.

You may notice the red section is a bit ... bolder than the other two colors. That's because when I stamped it the first time, the image didn't stamp completely. NO PROBLEM, I said. I'll just re-ink the red part and stamp again in the exact same spot. :D You can see the overlap where the orange and red meet at the bottom. That's the spot that didn't stamp well the first time. And you know I couldn't have positioned the stamp so precisely on my own. Check the title of this blog.

In my continuing effort to build my birthday card stash, I used on of my pal's Taylored Expression birthday stamps. It was perfect for the center of this busy background.  I also used the MISTI to get it centered on the piece of card stock with a clean stamping the first time out of the gate. I might have squeed. A few layers of black card stock and I was finished.

So far I'm doing a pretty good job of convincing myself I needed a MISTI. I plan to use it as much as I can to make sure I keep justifying it, too. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Basic Black card stock, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Great stripes! Still debating on a MISTI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm still not convinced I need a MISTI, but that could change. It looks cool, I'm just not sure how much I would use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MISTI looks really cool and I see the benefits. I use my stamp positioner a lot to make sure the greeting is stamping straight. I like your stripey card and am impressed how you got the parts that failed to stamp the first time do it right the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a very cool tool...seeing it everywhere lately. Love the card, those stripes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)