Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Color Challenge

My Tweep Dreena is having her second color (colour) throwdown, and this time it is Real Red, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry and Whisper White. I CAN DO THIS! These are MY colors. So I dutifully went to my cupboard that houses every color of SU card stock, retrieved a piece of each of the colors, and placed them on my remaining 8"x8" workspace.

Then I went over to my Scrap Heaplette to see if I could find any patterned paper to go with these colors, and voila! I found a piece of Graphic 45 paper that was P-E-R-F-E-C-T !!!! Then I got a wicked idea: why not just use the paper all by itself? Why not, indeed! THEN, I thought I'd open and use one of my neglected Sizzix dies, which I did. And now I bring you the results of my 3 minutes of effort:

This is one side of the paper, and this is the other side:

I couldn't decide, so I made one of each. The base of the card is textured Whisper White card stock, and the ribbon (GOTS to have ribbon, plus it looked nekkid without it) is from my stash of retired SU Ribbon Originals, probably the Preppy flavor.

NICE, huh? I totally giggled to myself the whole time I made these. Okay, technically I'd say this red is more Ruby Red, and the blue is more Not Quite Navy, and the yellow is more So Saffron, but STILL. It had to be done. heh heh

SORRY, Dreena. I promise I'll play nice and make a real card now.

heh heh (that was fun)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. WHY OH WHY do you keep saying this is not real??

    I love love this foofy tailed bird and the paper IS perfect.

    And yes, a card is bare nekkid without ribbon ;) I agree. LOL.

    Look forward to seeing the next creation...ready set go...you have two weeks!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice. I especially like the first one...gorgeous paper!

    Clever way to meet the color challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)